August 8, 2010

Baking Sweet + Savory

Today started off sleepy, with a yoga mat, and a workout from a magazine. I jumped "rope" for 1 minute, then tackled the following moves with 5lb weights, and a 5lb ball:
  • rapid fire punch (3x20)
  • triceps + shoulders (4x10)
  • knees up crunch (4x10)
  • balancing tricep press (4x10 each side)
  • tripod push up on knees (4x10)
  • omega squat (2x12) then felt sick to my stomach...
So I then stopped moving and sipped some cold water. I have no idea why I felt so sick, light headed, dizzy. I was only 12 minutes into the workout, but hopped in the shower + prepared myself for a refreshing green bowl...




a very delicious bowl, it was. I felt 100% in minutes!
  • 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2 huge handfuls spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 frozen strawberries
then, church was lovely. Acts 13:1-12 ~ The Holy Spirit called people, directed the mission & empowered the message. It is God's church, and we are his messengers, we're called to tell everyone about Christ! The Gospel changes lives, share that with everyone!

A little bit later, hubby and I each had one of these:

rice pudding from Mexican love.

I attempted Quinoa for Breakfast:

I'll give the details tomorrow, depending on how delicious or awkward this morning treat turns out to be!



I made 2 loaves:

[recipe here!]

I ate veggies:

squash, swiss chard, garbanzos, green bell, pineapple, pasta sauce.

I granola-ed:

3 cups oats, chia seeds, cinnamon,
almonds, 4 tbsp veg. oil, 4 tbsp
agave: Bake 10 mins @ 375*

Yogurt:

so happy Costco sold me some frozen blueberries again! the mixed berries just aren't as good. This bowl was full of a few spoonfuls of yogurt, cinnamon, wheat berries, raisins, granola + muesli.

That was a good Sunday.
Tomorrow my body is going to get its cardio on at 6am! I'm stoked!
I miss them sweat sessions... and I think my legs do, too.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Acts 1:8

2 comments:

  1. I've been playing around with making a sweet quinoa dish for quite some time now. I love the little grain, but all of my dishes with it have been savory so far. I love savory oats, though, so I can't imagine that I wouldn't like sweet quinoa :)

    I love a Sunday where the message in church really speaks to you. Yesterday's mass was lovely for me as well... all about having faith and letting go of anxiety. As an over-worrier, I could definitely use more faith in my life. Have to put my trust in God, and know that He'll never let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating breakfast quinoa, too! I really don't know why I stick to just oats - when really, ANY grain can be made as breakfast!
    Your GM looks delicious, too. I verrrry easily get lightheaded or dizzy when I haven't eaten or drank enough in a day. (even when I think I have!) Maybe that was it?

    ReplyDelete