August 30, 2010

A Blessing

Did I know, as I ate this delightful bowl of overnight oats [made with rice milk, rolled oats, cinnamon, raisins, chia seeds, and a wheat germ, frozen blueberries, banana topping], that the afternoon would entail such a blessing? Did I have a clue, as I ate a not-so-juicy plum and later a fantastically satisfying orange, that anything special was going to complete my day only some 6 hours later? Did that homemade rye bread sammie [with almond butter, cinnamon, and raisins, hanging out with veggies and fruit,] give me any hints to how happy I'd feel after a leisurely hour spent at my old high school's track? How about the otsu [amazing recipe from 101cookbooks.com] and the massaged kale [bloggies are wondrous for introducing this technique to me! This babe contained lime juice, olive oil, a chunk of pear, all diced up, and some raisins and almond pieces] - who knew they'd be following such a lovely jog, without pain, but only with a goofy grin that lasted all 45 minutes of it.













God is HUGE!
His timing is perfect,
His ways are flawless,
His blessings are endless.

That's right, God blessed me with the ability to jog today, without pain. I left the music at home, and took in His beauty and His creation in the trees, sun, and blue skies that surrounded me. Then I took a spot on His green grass, tackled some ab + arm movements, felt a nice burn, and thanked Him for the amazing gift that is His presence, His world, and this life.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so happy you're finally able to run without pain again! Congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try and finish a workout with a worship song, just to praise and thank God for the ability to be able to workout. I think a lot of people take advantage of the fact that they CAN run or they CAN lift weights. Taking time to thank God for his blessings is really important :)

    ReplyDelete