August 11, 2010

Colorful Pumpkin Scramble

The weather is finally warming up here in Seattle land, and the morning heat makes a cold bowl of overnight oats quinoa that much more enjoyable. I love me a huge bowl of every grain imaginable hanging out with frozen fruit. It's just so stinkin' good.


overnight quinoa ~ rice milk, h20, cinnamon, nutmeg, berries, vanilla, agave. toppings: muesli, wheat germ, wheat berries, almond butter, almonds, half a banana, frozen blueburries.


doughnut.


spinach, zucchini, lemon cucumber, bell pepper, garbanzo veggie burgers all crumbled up, with some avocado, homemade salsa, and friendly fruits with carrots.

garbanzo lovin patties:
[makes 7 mini-burgers]
  • 1.5 cups oats
  • 1.5 cups garbanzos
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 red bell pepper, roasted
  • 8 handfuls of greens (or 3...)
Costume:

this is what happens when you leave your water bottle in a pre-k classroom... for like 6 minutes. isn't he cute? my friends are rad.

workout: rest day :)

Hold-me-ovah:

homemade sweet whole wheat slice, with almond butter, chias, wheat berries, raisins. that is how I do. & it held me over for hours, which is almost odd..

Dinnah!

green + purple beans...


purple beans are fake, btw. green on the inside? I feel cheated on.

I was going to eat a sweet potato with beans, or cinnamon, or love. But I decided I wanted to try something new today. As I flipped through my recipe book, I stumbled upon a very very intriguing recipe from Amanda, a "Pumpkin Mexican Chili Scramble". And I tackled it, with borrowed pumpkin puree and all.

Veg:

frozen peas, small red + yellow potato, green + purple beans, carrots, spinach.


1 cup pumpkin puree with cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes


roast in a dash of olive oil on medium heat for 5-8 minutes, until potatoes are soft/slightly golden, add water if needed. Add pumpkin puree + spices, cover for a good 3 minutes. Add egg whites (I did about 5, since I wanted this to make around 3 servings) and diced spinach atop, cover, cook. Once egg whites are settled, mix nicely into the entire scramble.


served over homecooked mashed pinto beans, topped with hubby's salsa and half a tomato.


It was soooooooo good. I was going to skip the eggs, since I'm sort of a huge fan of eating an almost 100% vegan diet (except my yogurt, yo!) because it makes my insides happy (err.. because I love the cute little animals?) but I am so glad I added the egg whites, they were soft and firm at the same time, and added huge magic to this dish.

Cinnamon + pumpkin, wow. One of a kind, such a great recipe!

le yogur de "mooo"

haha, not vegan, but oh so delish + cold.
low-fat plain yogurt, frozen strawberries + blueberries + ice. blend~

&... sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I love how creative you always are - I don't think I've seen a repeat meal yet!! And I could gobble up everything. Especially that bread!! You're welcome to come cook for me anytime now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're always trying out new meals. I love it! I endlessly get stuck in ruts and end up rotating through the same old meals over and over, but you seem like you never do; come cook for me, please? ;)

    I'm glad that you liked the pumpkin scramble :D I can't even remember why I ended up adding eggs to the thing, but it really is stinkin' good. Funny how sometimes the weirdest sounding combinations end up tasting delicious.... And speaking of delicious, I'm drooling over your breakfast here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner looks fabulous! I've never even heard of purple peas before.

    ReplyDelete