August 3, 2010

Deep Sleep: Dream of Quinoa

Sleeping for 6.5 hours is a bad choice, my friends. It's like eating boat-loads of donuts and take out, while sitting in front of the TV all day, then eating cake and another slice of pizza right before bed, then waking up at 3am and eating 4 hot dogs with ice cream. It just makes you feel kinda down, lethargic, sad. Not a fan. I am, however, a fan of cherries!

bfast:

"I contain oats, rice milk, chias, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, almonds, half a banana, almond butter, wheat berries, wheat germ, and cherries. I is amazing."

donut peach

I'm so thankful for blogs that tell me what I'm eating.

If it weren't for Beth, I'd still call that fella "a fruit that looks and tastes like a peach or a nectarine but it's kinda squished, but it was made that way, it wasn't squished in my bag or anything." It tasted good. Real good. I might buy more just 'cause they're goofy looking.

veg. patties.

It needed avocado, but it was still amaazing. & that there is hummus under my carrots. Not just any hummus, but an almond butter chocolate hummus. Silly.

I tried to eat this:

leftover beet salad, but only ate the orange.

Workout: 30 mins cardio
in my living room, with a magazine.
I sweat, it burned, I ate bread.


it tastes better every day.

grains + protein

a quinoa stir fry of sorts, with bell pepper, peas n broccoli rabe. paired with some home-cooked pinto beans, all seasoned to perfection and such.



ate raw muesli, almonds, chocolate PB candy.

i dessert:

yogurt, rice milk + 3-way cereal.
Muesli, Granola, Kashi
Cinnamon.
Frozen berries.
spoon.

Indulge.
(sleep)

5 comments:

  1. Hope you get a better sleep tonight! Love frozen berry bowls as a dessert - so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, love the comparison. it is SO true. I hope you were able to get a better rest last night!!
    At least the eats look delicious - I just looove having fresh bread around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaaaat? Almond butter chocolate hummus? Now that is something I never would have considered... It sounds tasty, but in one of those "I never thought this would be good, but it's actually amazing" kind of ways.

    Sorry that you weren't able to get enough sleep :( I'm completely useless if I don't get enough nap time, so I know how you feel. Hope you were able to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love your description of the doughnut peach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, so true. I can't operate on less than 8 hours of sleep (7 in a REAL crunch) or on purely pizza/doughnuts/cake. Urgh.
    P.S. I LOVE muesli!

    ReplyDelete