August 15, 2010

Giving it to God

Don't judge me or anything, but I'm currently sitting on an ice pack. I'm simply trying to cool off a large bit, while it's 95* outside, and we're on the 3rd floor of our apartment with that blazing sun facing us and trying its best to make us feel slightly lethargic an extremely uncomfortable. Silly sun, it thinks it can ruin our happy weekend. It fails, for sure.

Green Heaven:

1/2 cup rice milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 2 handfuls spinach, 3/4 cup oats, ice, frozen banana


Topped with grapes! It's been a while since we've had these on hand, and I'm glad we bought them. Also atop the green divine bowl: wheat germ, chia seeds, raisins, almonds, some kashi golean crunch!


full for: 4 hours. insaaaneee!

Beets + Oranges:

Simply diced beets, diced orange slices, and unsalted peanuts. This combo is amazing, and I have my lovely hubby and his Mexican Christmas-time recipe to thank for bringing it into me life!

A Pizza Pie:


his half loves cheese + Whole Foods chicken sausage.
mine super loves zucchini, summer squash, garbanzos


I actually attempted hummus, and it didn't blend to smooth perfection (help me?), so I crumbled some of it atop my slices, and it kinda looked like ground turkey which made me giggle a bit.


homemade whole wheat crust, pasta sauce, pineapple, beet leaves, red pepper, serrano chili, zucchini, summer squash, garbanzo shin-dig. So stinkin' good, and worth the heat wave that attacked us from the oven.

Currently browsing: Gone Raw - in the hopes of finding some cold and chocolate raw desserts to bring our internal body temps down on this jolly sunny Sunday evening.

With my Runners Knee: I have decided to give it completely to God, and forget about it joyfully. I am going to enjoy the opportunity I have to do every other form of cardio + strength training known to man (and have fun of course!) and not sulk in the pain of my knee, or the lack of mileage on the roads.

No longer me:

(source)

And hey, even though my plan was to run a marathon in a couple years, maybe that's not God's plan for me. I could be a grumpy toad about it, but I'm really okay with that. His plans are so much bigger than our own. I love trusting in that truth, it's huge! So.. I'm happy, and thankful. Jesus is Amazing + life is good, running 5 days a week or not. :)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

  1. heavenly pizza!!!

    and a tip for hummus - chop all your "flavors" like your garlic, peppers, cumin, etc, really fine FIRST. and puree those together before you add the chickpeas. then add the liquid (tahini/almond butter/lemon juice) and puree that, THEN add your chickpeas and let your processor run, and run, and run. if it needs to be thinned out more, add a tablespoon or two of water and blend again.

    good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad to read that you've come to terms with what happens, happens with your knee. I was really worried you were going to push it and hurt yourself even more! But you're so right - what's meant to be will always find its way. Maybe you'll fall in love with another form of cardio, or maybe you'll be fine in a couple weeks and maarathon training will start up once again :)
    Your green monsters always look sooo heavenly - you're welcome to come make me one any day! I love adding oats to them, too. Makes them so thick and creamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww girl I'm so happy to hear that you decided to give your knee and running plans to God. I know how hard it can be to admit that we might not be able to do the things that WE want, but you're SO wise for realizing that God might have different plans for you... and those plans will never leave you disappointed, so don't worry. Maybe you'll discover something you love even more than running... maybe you'll become a strength training lover like me :) I never thought I'd be into the weights, but I can honestly say that I love lifting even more than cardio. Everything will fall into place, just have faith <3

    And I really need to try adding raw oats to my smoothies... I want to make them creamier and all, so I think I might just have to give it a shot today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that "green heaven" looks like a great way to get some greens in! I've never thought about blending up oats in a smoothie, but it looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that smoothie looks amazing. I always love the way you top them! I know it stinks not being able to run but I think you have a good attitude about it - there's a lot else you can do!

    ReplyDelete