August 16, 2010

Lemony Garbanzo Stir Fry

Oh Monday, you were pretty lovely, I have to say.

It all started with me adding too much liquid to my oats...

but just the right amount of almond butter.

The 6am sky made me smile...


And I got my bake on with the elementary kids:

We made Amanda's Blissful Banana Bread, in circle form...

and some green fellas:

with 100% oat flour, but not enough of it, and it lacked cinnamon, and more time in the oven. Recipe thanks to this fabulous zumba girl, but we screwed up them perfect Green Monster Muffins.

I ate a shiny apple...


A juicy orange...


And some clovers on a sandwich,

but it needed avocado, which wasn't ready yet :(

I tackled 5 miles on elliptical - 47:25
and a lovely upper body workout:
  • Chest supported row (30) 4x12
  • Overhead Triceps Extension (10) 4x10
  • Triceps press down (30) 3x10
  • Seated low row (30) 4x15
  • Seated bench press (20) 4x12 + streeetccchhh!
It felt amazing and I was able to increase the weight a tad, which didn't feel too shabby :)

I then consumed an old fave:

cinna, almonds, cinnamon, fantastic.

Then, I made just about the most flavorful dish EVER!

Lemon Garbanzo Stir Fry

101cookbooks is a divine place to pull recipes from, I tell you. This was simple, quick, and full of flavor. I was so amazed by this little dish, it looks so innocent and harmless, but it's KILLER amaaazing tasting.
[Heidi's recipe]

*disclaimer: I don't measure much, so I made estimates...
  • 1/2 cup garbanzos, cooked or canned
  • 1-2 handfuls diced spinach (beet leaves!) or kale
  • 1/2 cup cubed tofu or tempeh
  • 1/2 cup diced zucchini
  • 2 splashes olive oil
  • 1 dash o' salt
  • green onion, diced
  • freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice + zest
  1. Bring a pan to medium high heat, add 1 splash olive oil, the onion, garbanzos, salt.
  2. Brown garbanzos slightly, then throw in tempeh + diced spinach, combine well with garbanzos.
  3. Make a nice space in middle of the pan, add another drizzle of olive oil, and toss in the zucchini.
  4. Remove the pan from the heat, and mix the beautiful ingredients all together.
  5. Add some lovely lime juice and the zest.
  6. Serve. Enjoy. Eat bite for bite with your eyes closed. Take it in. It's incrediiblee!
Oh, a staff meeting? Bum loads of fruit, green monster muffin, homemade guacamole?

I ate that plate, and then some. Fruit makes me crazy.

Carbs. Now.

overnight oats, chias, granola, frozen blueberries, peanuts.

I love oats. They comfort me inside and out.

My hubby is currently sucking on a Gatorade ice cube. He's cute.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

3 comments:

  1. i always click on your posts first when i wake up in the am :P i just love seeing what you've made!! isn't amanda's banana bread lovely? i can't get enough of it. try a slice with some pb and honey, too!
    the garbanzo stir fry looks great, too. and i prefer my oats somewhat soupy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, Nicole, Nicole... do you know what you've done?! I just went out and purchased a not-so-small baggie of chia seeds a few days ago because of you aaaaaaaand I have to give you a huge hug for inspiring me to try them again :) I still haven't tried eating them dry and crunchy (so they don't get stuck in my teeth), but omigosh I love them in overnight oats. They get so perfectly ooey and gooey. Swoon. So me and my tummy thank you, although my tummy is kind of jealous that I'm not cooking him up some of that stir fry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to let you know I LOVE your blog!! Your eats look so amazing too!! Keep the faith, Kat

    ReplyDelete