August 19, 2010

Muscular

I'm starting to fall head-ovah-heels for strength training. This whole can't-run thing ain't so bad after all, I've made a new friend with 10-30lb weights and the feeling of burning biceps. I'm a fan.

the beginning:

overnight oats: rice milk, h2o, cinnamon, chias, raisins.
toppings: half a banana, muesli, frozen bloobs, wheat germ, wheat berries, almonds

today:

i pack, like wise.

growling insides:

snax

lunch:

crumbled garbanzo pattie over spinach, red bell pepper, clover sprouts.
a madein10seconds type of guacamole: avocado, lime juice, serrano chili.
celery, carrot, cucumber, crumbly hummus (I will perfect it soon!)

score:

I had 2 coupons for these fellas. $2.79 for one, $2.29 for the other. I got both for $3 total, and it felt awesome beans. Excitement!

workout: 5 mi - 46:18 elliptical (no knee pain!) + arms:
  • Chest Supported Row [30lb] - 3x12
  • Triceps Extension [20lb] - 3x10 ...killer burn!
  • Bench Press [20lb] - 3x12
  • Lat Pull [30lb] - 3x12
  • Front Lateral Raise [10lb weights] - 3x12
  • Biceps Curl [30lb] - 3x12
baking:

[Heidi's recipe!]


I ate a banana.


never cease to amaze. I don't think I've ever made a cookie 3x in a 2-month period. These are amazing. If you make them, add raisins + cinnamon! They add mad magic to these little guys :)


a tupperware full of cookies, is a happy piece of tupperware.

dinnah time!

I diced, like wise.


whole wheat pasta, veggies got some color in a pan with salt n peppa (they smelled like potato chips!) and diced beet leaves were added to this plate of gold.

bowl:

huge bowl of homecooked black beans with juice from a lime and some fresh radishes, oh my goodness lime + beans = amazing! My hubby from Mexico-land said that beans and lime don't work together, but after trying my bowl, I think he took it back. Owned!

cookies:

so simple + fantastic. Low-fat plain yogurt, cinnamon, carrot oatmeal cookie crumbled atop, and frozen blueberries. Not pictured: mass muesli + some almonds covering the top. It was a good choice.

It's almost Friday! And I work the "late" shift tomorrow, so I get the honor of waking up an hour later than normal to head to the gym with the hubby. Aww, makes it feel like a Saturday! And the best part: coming home from work and being able to eat like a mad woman instead of heading to the gym and then eating a load of goodness.


My command is this: Love each other
as I have loved you. Greater love has
no one than this, that he lay down his
life for his friends.
John 15:12-13

4 comments:

  1. I knew something positive would come out of not running ;) See what you're able to find when one door closes, even if it's only for the time being?
    And I don't know why I haven't made those cookies yet, as often as I see you making them. trust me - next time I get the hankering for cookie baking, those will be made!! Do you use coconut oil? I never have any on hand and am wondering if I should just use an equal amount of olive or veggie or something...or use this as a good excuse to splurge on a jar of coconut oil :P
    And, last note - your recipe binder looks so organized and neat! The ones I've printed out from offline are messily shoved into a binder :(
    Have fun at the gym with hubs today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with strength training too :) I used to be the biggest cardio junkie, but after having to give up exercise and then getting back into it not too long ago, weights were what I started on and I was smitten. I'm glad that you found a form of exercise that works for you, causes you no pain, and that you like :)

    And isn't it great when you find a recipe that you can just make over and over without getting tired of it? I have a muffin, cookie, and loaf recipe like that, and while I like to switch it up every now and then and make something different, I always find myself going back to those beloved recipes :) Why mess with a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love the idea of lime juice and beans! I like to make a black bean salad with tomatoes, corn, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. I need to follow suite and fall in love with strength training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE weight training. Running was doing some serious damage on my knees so I rarely do it anymore. I have replaced it with tons of different strength routines and I adore every one of them!! Your food always looks so pretty and delicious by the way

    ReplyDelete