August 7, 2010

One Vegetable

Today was a jolly good Saturday. It started off with me feeling bummed out about not being able to run at my favorite place ever: Green Lake in Seattle. Then I prayed about it, tried seeing a 3 mile walk as a blessing, and felt better. I consumed half a banana and 2 spoonfuls of wheat germ and we went on our merry way...


we packed snacks! 2 almond butter, cinnamon, raisin sandwiches on my homemade breads, with half an apple, orange, cutie, and a bananer.


Man, we look sleepy good at 930am.

My views:





row, row, row your boats.






frog land!


I ended up tackling 3.2 miles in 42 minutes, walking fast, but stopping to take photos. I did some quick abs + push ups pre-walk at home, and I actually sweat pretty decently at the lake. So I felt good inside, I think my heart was happy. :) Hubby ran 20k in 1:28:50 - Marathon training is hardcore!

Oat Pancakes:

Measurements were a little off, but something like: 1 cup oats, 3/4 cup rice milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cocoa powder, chia seeds!


Loaded with berry loving.

Farmer's Market!

$26 - not too shabby!
green + purple beans, potatoes, nectarines, apricot, doughnut peaches, green bell, cucumber, zucchini, squash, huge head of broccoli.

Mexican Love:

enchiladas "estilo Jalisco" with meat, cabbage, radishes, fresh cheese, salsa
melon, watermelon, mangogo (that plate x2!)

My hubby's co-worker and friend invited us over to his casa for a goodbye party for his mom, who has been in town for about a month and is returning to Mexico this week. It was fun eating awesome, homecooked Mexican food again, made me want December to come by real quickly so we can go see mi familia in Mexico City!

Dream:

this guys house was insane. I immediately wanted to re-design our entire apartment. He actually glued all those little pebbles on the fireplace (and the mirrors)! And the decor was very Ikea/Minimalist like, check out the candles in the fireplace. Who thinks of these things? I should have.

Arroz con Leche:

"Do you want some arroz con leche?" ... sure? "It's like rice, cooked in milk, it's sweet" - and it was, it was delicious. I'm pretty sure it was cooked just like oatmeal would be cooked: you got your grain, your liquid, your sweetener, and toppings. I'm going to make this at home fo sho!

After realizing I had no vegetables all day (except the radishes?), I decided to end the day right, with 2.5 servings of blending spinach in a bowl...

Spinach:

Blend = 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 frozen banana, 2 huge handfuls spinach, 2 frozen strawberries, ice cubes, vanilla. Topped with oats, muesli, wheat berries, kashi balls, wheat germ, raisins.

A. Mazing.

We just watched The Pianist - Incredible.
I can't believe I hadn't seen it before! Great film.

3 comments:

  1. I love looking at people's gorgeous home decor. Makes me want to redo all mine too, and then I realize that's not exactly where my talents lie... I'll stick to cooking, baking, and eating ;)

    Craaaaazy about only having spinach all day! Although I should probably take a lesson from you and ease up on my veggie consumption; I think my stomach would be a little bit happier if I did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was in town for a month and is back in Mexico this week. It was fun to eat good food, Mexican home again, I wanted to come in December, very fast.

    ReplyDelete