August 13, 2010

Reunited on a Friday

It made me super happy waking up with a slight growl in my tummy, knowing I had a friend, named overnight oats, waiting for me in the fridge. A week away from this morning pick-me-up was hard, but quinoa didn't disappoint that bad, to be honest. I just love oats. Who doesn't? Reunited at 5:30am and it felt so good.

bowl

1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup muesli, 1 cup rice milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, chias, vanilla, raisins, almonds


half a banana, almond butter, frozen blueberries, wheat germ, kashi golean crumbs :)

snax


packed

my first real sammie with 2 slices of my breads. fantastic almond butter, cinna, raisins.

Scary: 4 miles elliptical - 47:20 with sudden knee pain!
what happened?
+ 15 mins abs.arm weights

I'm icing the knee right now, and hoping that the pain disappears so I can at least jog a few miles with the hubby. Oh man, looks like I need to buy myself a bike and find a 30 mile loop somewhere. Hi bike, nice to meet you, I'm no longer able to run, so let's be best friends.

then I ate half a banana. and was happy.


dinner:

soba noodles + chicken with: homemade salsa, agave, cilantro, salt + peppah (mix those) + spinach thrown on top towards the end, with some green bell pepper, and broccolili.

I just realized I don't have my Aunt's amazing bread recipe posted, ie: the best bread known to humanity. I need to jump on that right away. An ode to bread soon to follow! as will follow a bowl of amazing green smoothie madness :)

Oh look!

1 cup rice milk, half frozen banana, 2 handfuls spinach, frozen blueberries, 3 ice cubes, vanilla, 3/4 cup oats... unbelievable.


best green bowl I've had since... sunday ;)

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if I just missed the bread recipe post. Glad you posted it, though - it does look perfect. It's hard to find ones that use 100% whole wheat flour!
    And the overnighters look sooo yummy. I don't blame you for missing them. I would, too!
    And I hope your knee starts to feel a bit better. Take it easy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought I was going crazy and that I somehow missed you posting the bread recipe. You've been taunting me with delicious pictures for so long now, that I might just have to tackle my intimidation with yeast and make a loaf or two of my own. Thanks for sharing it :)

    And guess who bought a baggie of chia seeeeeds? Mmm hmm. I decided I need to give them another go. I just hope they don't decide to get stuck in my teeth all the time... but I've really been wanting to try vegan overnight oats, so perhaps if they get all gooey overnight, they won't be so tooth-stickable.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete