August 5, 2010

Savory Oats

Simple meals.
Simple knee pain.
Simple rest day.
Happy face: Me.

My hubby is coming home tonight!

brkfast:

overnight chiaaa oats with rice milk, cherries, wheat germ, everything good.



Work Day Snacks:

I wuv you, peach, vitamin C, and unpeeled carrots that leave a silly taste in my mouth.

car lunch:

almond butter, cinnamon, raisins. simpl.

Savory Pizza Oats:

Recipe from Amanda!
I have been so hesitant in making some savory oats, I just love them for breakfast, and love them in sweet form, and was scared to cook them in veggie broth. But I did it.

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup veggie broth
  • 1 handful diced greens (swiss chard!)
  • 1/4 cup pasta sauce
  • 1/3 cup garbanzos
  • green onion
  • avocado
  • yum.
All you need to do, is cook the oats in the broth, top with diced greens, heat up pasta sauce + garbanzos, and layer the bad boy with more green love. It was: delicious in more ways than I can explain. Trust everyone when they tell you: savory oats are heavenly, you don't have to be afraid (like I was)!! Aw, blog world, I love thee.

Smoothie For 2:

2 cups rice milk + fruits + ice (oh snap! I forgot agave... don't tell my hubby!) = 1 Liter of dessert currently living in my freezer. Whaat? I didn't know it'd turn into that much smoothie, man. But I'm stoked to share it with my man after I pick him up at the airport tonight!

Knee: was 5 seconds away from making appt. with the docs, but after talking to Edu about it, we decided to play doctor ourselves. I am going to ice it daily, keep the kinesio tape on, avoid strenuous exercise, and thank God for rest. Everything happens for a reason, no matter how "tragic" they may seem (and guess what? this knee injury is not that tragic, I seemed to have exaggerated it a tad...) - God has a plan, He can see the bigger picture and I can't. And I'm okay with that. It means He is in control, and I don't have to worry a bit. Thank you Jesus!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're looking at your knee situation in a much better light now. I was very glad to read that :)
    Glad the hubs is coming home tonight. And he has dessert waiting!!
    The savory oats look fantastic - I think Amanda is Queen of savory oats :) I still need to try them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! I'm SO glad you finally tried savory oats! They're like one of my absolute most favorite meals, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed them :) I was hesitant to try them waaaaaay back when as well, but I'm so happy that I finally did it. It's odd, isn't it? Why are we always so hesitant to try new things? Most of the time they end up being absolutely fabulous, and we find a new thing to fall in love with... But then when another opportunity comes around to try something new, we hesitate again... I can never figure it out.

    And I'm glad to hear about your knee situation improving, or at least your outlook on it. God DOES have a plan, and we have to have faith and not fear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really hesitant to try savory oats, too. I love sweet oats so much, so I figure "why mess with a good thing?" You may just have convinced me, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents eat oatmeal with KIMCHI and soy sauce and shredded beef and eggs. How's that for savory oats? :-)

    Thank you for that verse...I've been worrying a bit abt school, and I really needed that spiritual assurance.

    ReplyDelete