September 9, 2010

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

A quick how-to, if you will.

Carrot Cake Morning Oats:

2-3 huge spoonfuls of overnight oats


1 raw carrot cake triangle (just shredded carrot, oats, banana)


half a banana & wheat germ


microwave the bad boy, add homemade granola, frozen blueberries, almonds & almond butter. Insanity.

Snacks:

this was the most incredible pear I have ever had in my entire life, I kid you not.

Goodbye Cookies:

Lovely Banana/Oat cookies for my amazing co-workers that I will miss, love those girls!

Rainbow:

Best lunch I've had in a while (since... yesterday?) Spinach, cucumber, green onion, 1 tomato, carrots, and a fantastico smoked paprika veggie pattie from the freezer. (topped with unpictured mustard!)

then this:

a wee-afternoon snack, with...


!!! A rad friend brought me some of this to give a try. I'm a huge fan of the "no sugar added" part, and gave it a large taste testing on a slice on homemade bread. So stinkin' good, creamy and delightful, apple puree on whole wheat. I want.

Workout: 3 mile jog + abs/arms = 50 min sweat session
knee:
baby owie, but went away when I took the jog to an even slower pace. I'm thankful I can jog at all, no complaining here, fellas!
  • 20 crunches
  • 25 bicycle crunches
  • 20 reverse crunches
  • 20 finger to toe touches
  • 20 diamond leg crunches
  • 60 leg kick backs (30 each leg)
  • 15 push ups
  • 90 seconds plank
  • 5 push ups (weakly little arms)
A Friend:

thank you, Lara, for fueling me after this workout. You + almonds = good inventions.

Dinner with BESTIES!

[sautéed yams, onions and peppers with rice, pinto beans and spinach]
[served with lettuce, salsa mexicana and guacamole]
never ceases to amaze me, that green guy.


honestly. Let's do high school again, just us three!

Time to look for the fastest way possible to get rid of a cold! Stinkin' me :[

4 comments:

  1. Great workout!! I wish I could redo highschool as well. Who wouldve though huh? lol Eats look fresh and delish as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - your carrot cake oats...take the cake! haha. Yum. And hopefully you'll still get to see your co-workers often :) Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh those goodbye cookies look so good!! Is today your last day?? Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I made your blog...PS...I'm looking for something to make tonight for dinner so I'm snooping through your blog hehe :)

    ReplyDelete