September 14, 2010

A Change of Pace

Okay, friends & fam, the 8-5 shift (more like 7-5:30) has proven itself to be a difficult one. Exercise? When? How? HOW?! I opened my eyes at 5am, arrived at the gym at 515, and warmed up, then hopped onto the elliptical. I pushed and pushed (er... kicked and kicked..?) for 30 mins, then had to cool off, stretch, and walk home. A 30 minute work out? No weights? No abs? A slight leg tingle? I felt rushed, didn't enjoy me-self, and as much as I tried to ignore it, I felt like my musculos were asking me for more, more, MORE all mornin.. Hmph.

I Ate Oats:

& they made me feel a little happier.

I Photographed My Work Eats:

that, plus 3 plums from my mum, who got them from a co-worker's tree!

I Ate Grilled Veg:

Brought from someone special for us pediatric girls/guys to dive into.

I Got 8 Minute Abs:

And sweat like a mad dog...

I Made Green/Brown Spaghetti:

with veg. puree (put all your veggies in a blender!), spinach, tomato, and pinto bean burger, all crumbled up. it may looook ugly, but it tasted like spaghetti heaven.

Now off to try and organize my new chaotic week schedule. Seriously, the only peace I can find right now is in my Savior, I'm so glad He never changes, or fails us, or lets us down. God is good.

Because of the LORD's great love we are not
consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-24

3 comments:

  1. Some days I wish I could work earlier in the AM to enjoy some more of the afternoon, too!! I guess I coul also go in later and get out later...but I feel discombobulated if I get home really late, lol. You'll fall into a routine, though!!
    And hey, any work that brings you that many grilled veg's is worth holding onto ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how i knew we'd be blog friends? i saw how much food you packed for work and was like THERE'S MY SOULMATE!!!

    ps - i sent you an email... did i get sent to the spam folder? because i'm a little insane, but certainly not trashy :)

    ReplyDelete