September 21, 2010

The Day I Forgot Protein

I used to look over the day, and make sure I ate enough greens. It was all about the leafy greens, broccoli, and once in a while, some asparagus. But recently? I'm focused on, "did I get the protein? Whole grains? Veggie load?" and today at work, I realized something: I forgot my protein. I had everything packed for a fantastic pinto bean burger inside my pita... and once lunch came around I noticed no bean pattie was present. I forgot the sucker. It made me sad.

Workout: 5 miles - 51:05 elliptical
10 pushups
pre-cardio + post cardio~

KALE OATS!

kale has mucho protein. I added overnight oats, granola, banana, chias, almonds, blueberries, and apple buttah.

Work Eats:

bean burger, bean burger, where did you go?


:)


beautiful. but needed a burger.

My stomach growled about 1.5 hours later. How lame is that? I told it to lay low, ate a banana, then ate my peach.

Abs + Arms + Legs: 10 minutes strength training

Dinnah:

I needed protein, and mass. Homecooked pinto beans, quinoa stir fry with broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper with homemade "soy sauce" (red wine vin, rice vin, red pepper flakes, salt, peppah, garlic - it's divine!)


slightly roasted cauliflower tastes like little bites of fluffy cake, I love it.

Biggest Loser TONIIIIGHT!

:)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate that when I am all ready to go with lunch and forget something essential. Good thing your stomach listened to you and calmed down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ms the same way about protein! I rethink all my lunches and dinners as to whether I have a protein source. Often times I overlook things like grains and veggies for having protein, though! At least you made up for it at dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete