September 17, 2010

Giving Thanks

I had a lovely day, thank you Jesus! I love my new job so stinkin' much. Bucket loads of fun are: paperwork, greeting parents, collecting co-pays, looking at cute kiddos (the sicklies, and the healthy faces), and working with my mumsy. This job is such a blessing I can't even fathom why God gave me this opportunity - I'm just ready to speak some Spanish, yo! Prayer: more Hispanic patients! I should post fliers 'round the neighborhood :)

I rested this mornin' from 5am gym land, and enjoyed a pre-made breakfast, of green sludge overnight oats:

kale, spinach, rice milk + blender. Mixes: cocoa powder, cinnamon, raisins, oats, flaxseed, chia seeds.


additions: wheat berries, banana, almonds, a tad (more like 10 cups) of muesli.

A packed lunch:

greens: spinach, green onion, bell pepper
burger: pinto bean oat burger from freezer + pita bread + mustard
insides: tomato, zucchini
fruits: banana, apple, orange, kiwi, grapes.



This is by far one of my favs, tastes exactly like banana bread.

Once I got home, I was staaaarving (super busy pediatric clinic = difficulty with the partaking of the afternoon snackage. so, I properly re-fueled once home)


spagheettiii with zucchini, tomato, italian seasoning and PEAS! (it's the best combo known to spaghetti nation) aaaand pinto beans on the side... totally works with the spaghetti. no idea why, but it did.

oh snap, choco craving...

half was eaten last night and i loooved it, so I saved the other half for a post-dinner treat, and it tasted even better out of the fridge. like a cold peppermint patty, so refreshing.

After meeting with the Real Estate guy (so rad! life is getting pretty exciting these days...) hubby and I head to the grocery store and bought 8 million things and then came home, cleaned the casa, and ate some yogurt in bowlz:


grapes as a topping is such a crazy idea, and I love this girl for it.

happy weekend!

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is He who made us, and we are His;
we are his people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the LORD is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100: 1-5

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're loving the new job!! Sounds pretty rad, indeed :) And I love the spaghetti + pea combo. Weirdly, peas are my favorite veg, I think...but the one i have the least!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful to God all the time! My bestie and I just went hiking and we left after a few minutes because I didnt feel safe. We were the ONLY people out there and I was just worried. The next day on the news I saw that there was a criminal hiding in the same area! God is so good for protecting us, and I am so thankful he gave me that intuition I needed to get the heck out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRLLLL i have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!! i love you! have a great weekend! SO glad you are so happy and all of that- you deserve the best.. God is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete