September 19, 2010

Love is God and God is Love

I started off this mornin' with a nice 745am kale monster in a bowl.


  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup kashi
  • 3 frozen strawberries
  • 1 handful frozen blueberries
  • 1 frozen banana, broken into fourths
  • 2 1/2 huge kale leaves, stems remooovved.

topped with: wheat germ, wheat berries, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, almonds and raisins.

It was a delight. But I'm a tad confused, 'cause these guys used to be extremely filling and I used to have a hard time even finishing the bowl. But today, and after the past few breakfasts, I've just felt satisfied. Which, don't get me wrong, feels wonderful. But, did my stomach stretch? Can it hold more smoothie nowadays? Or is spinach thicker.. causing the bfast to fill up more so than with kale or beet greens? Hmm...

Then we went to church & I felt extremely convicted to share the gospel (watch that video!) without shame. So, I guess I'll start through the internet:

"The Gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy. God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. The essence of faith is being satisfied with all that God is for us in Jesus” - John Piper


Seriously, give your life to Jesus. Everything is so much better with Him in control. :)

I then sliced my breads...


Ate a banana in a homemade tortilla...




noticed an odd growth on my cauliflower...


and ate 2 pinto bean oat burgers over an open pita...

with paprika cauliflower mash, and roasted brussels with roasted purple potato fries.

waaay later, I blended some yogurt and fruit...


and added billions of toppings, like wise...


& now. I sleep. and try to memorize James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

easier said than done.

2 comments:

  1. amen!

    preach the gospel with all your heart sister, because it is our calling! it's what gives Him joy, and why He created us - to serve HIS purpose for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know recently I've been feeling a calling to discover my faith again.. I love those quotes you shared.

    ReplyDelete