September 6, 2010

Hiking on Mt. Rainier

Mt. Rainier. Absolutely gorgeous. What did we do to deserve to enjoy and live around this kind of beauty? Ah, creation. God works left me breathless today.

Pre-Hike Oat Pancakes:

These were good enough to make hundreds and freeze, then eat at any given hour of the day. But I didn't go pancake crazy, we had no time! It was all about eating, packing, and driving to a far off land..


  • 3/4 cup part oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ
  • 1 tbsp flax seed, 3 tbsp water
  • 1/4 cup rice milk
  • 1 raw carrot-oat cookie
  • cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla
  • topping: chia seeds soaked in rice milk, mixed with frozen blueberries. + 1/2 a banana and almond butter drizzled all ovah.
Hiking Eats:

almonds + raisins, 2 almond butter sammies on homemade cinnamon raisin bread, carrots, black grapes, 1 orange each, split an apple.

Speechless:




































hiking stats: 6k - 2hrs 10 mins
Do it again tommorow? Let's!

Mini-Dinner:

1 beet leaf, grilled chicken, avocado, salsa, lime juice + rice paper.


with a purple potato.

2nd Dinner:

Insane salad. Mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, red onion, carrots, garlic croutons, pink drizzling. Don't ya love it when you ask for the raspberry vinaigrette on the side, and they cover half the salad with it instead? So sweet :\

Happy 4-Day-Work-Week!

Plain awesome.

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! And I love how optimistic you are. You didn't even mention it rained...and were just plain awed. you're giving me motivation for my rainy morning :)
    And those pancakes? Definite winners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that place looks so beautiful!! My hubby and I are trying to find a nice hiking place around us to go to on our anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks AMAZING. Believe it or not, I have never in my life been hiking. I want to change that this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much for hiking, but if I knew the food would be like what you're packing, I'd definitely give it a go! ;)

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, I hope you enjoy all of those recipes you try!

    ReplyDelete