This morning I met up with a sweet friend at a nearby coffe + homemade ice cream shop in the wee hours of the morning. It was joyous, I really would like to make all my see-rad-friends plans at 6:15am, it's very ideal. I bought a TRIO bar, which I'll slightly mumble about in a bit...
Breakfast Kale Oats
kale, frozen fruits into a blender, placed in bowl with overnight oats, chias, wheat berries, flaxseed + a fridge, overnight. toppings: half banana, apple butter, frozen blueberries, homemade granola :)
I Bring Me Lunch:
apple butta, cinnamon, raisin sammie on homemade bread with fruits + veggies
3 nuts, 3 seeds, 3 fruits + salt, sugar, and "natural" flavors. Hah... well, it tasted a whole lot like Trix, so I ate bits at a time. T'was a bit strong, I say. I'll never get over the simplicity of Larabars...
Check out my homemade tortilla (why you look so pale, my friend?) - made with whole wheat dark rye flour, making it gluten free! Right? I forget... Filling inspired by this recipe by a lovely blogger. It was insanity in a tortilla. The flavors were strong, and worked so well together I almost lost it. And it made enough filling for 2 wraps, so I saved one for lunch. Happy days.
E's Samosa Wraps:
- 2-3 medium tortillas
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked + diced into cubes
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup peas (I used frozen)
- 1/2 cup garbanzos, or tofu (your protein of choice!)
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped onion, dried
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chili Powder
- salt n peppah
Dessert #1: 2 dark chocolate squares, 1 date, handful of granola
- Heat med. pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and onion, let sit for a few seconds.
- Throw in tomatoes, peas, garbanzos and a splash of H2O, cover and simmer for a minute or so.
- Now let the seasonings go in the mix, along with the sweet potato and another splash of water.
- Cover and let the spices get sucked into the other ingredients.
- Heat up tortillas in microwave, and properly pack 'em, fold, and consume.
Dessert #2: yogurt, frozen strawberries and ice!!
Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds.