September 22, 2010

Samosa Wraps

This morning I met up with a sweet friend at a nearby coffe + homemade ice cream shop in the wee hours of the morning. It was joyous, I really would like to make all my see-rad-friends plans at 6:15am, it's very ideal. I bought a TRIO bar, which I'll slightly mumble about in a bit...

Breakfast Kale Oats

kale, frozen fruits into a blender, placed in bowl with overnight oats, chias, wheat berries, flaxseed + a fridge, overnight. toppings: half banana, apple butter, frozen blueberries, homemade granola :)

I Bring Me Lunch:

apple butta, cinnamon, raisin sammie on homemade bread with fruits + veggies
Trioooo:

3 nuts, 3 seeds, 3 fruits + salt, sugar, and "natural" flavors. Hah... well, it tasted a whole lot like Trix, so I ate bits at a time. T'was a bit strong, I say. I'll never get over the simplicity of Larabars...

Dinner:

Check out my homemade tortilla (why you look so pale, my friend?) - made with whole wheat dark rye flour, making it gluten free! Right? I forget... Filling inspired by this recipe by a lovely blogger. It was insanity in a tortilla. The flavors were strong, and worked so well together I almost lost it. And it made enough filling for 2 wraps, so I saved one for lunch. Happy days.

E's Samosa Wraps:
  • 2-3 medium tortillas
  • 1/2 sweet potato, cooked + diced into cubes
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 3/4 cup peas (I used frozen)
  • 1/2 cup garbanzos, or tofu (your protein of choice!)
  • 1 drizzle of olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp chopped onion, dried
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili Powder
  • salt n peppah
  1. Heat med. pan over medium high heat, add olive oil and onion, let sit for a few seconds.
  2. Throw in tomatoes, peas, garbanzos and a splash of H2O, cover and simmer for a minute or so.
  3. Now let the seasonings go in the mix, along with the sweet potato and another splash of water.
  4. Cover and let the spices get sucked into the other ingredients.
  5. Heat up tortillas in microwave, and properly pack 'em, fold, and consume.
Dessert #1: 2 dark chocolate squares, 1 date, handful of granola
Dessert #2: yogurt, frozen strawberries and ice!!

yes, please.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds.
James 1:2

4 comments:

  1. hey pretty - rye is actually not gluten-free.. just a heads up! if it doesn't bother your tummy, though, snack away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Trio bar sounds like it could have been so good...why must they add natural flavors?! Weird.
    I love the wrap - must replicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heck yes. Those wraps look so so delicious! I love when I wrap is just stuffed with a bunch of things I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I love your commentary (why you look so pale, my friend?) Good looking wrap!

    ReplyDelete