September 25, 2010

Succesful Homemade Sushi

As much as I love Fall, I really enjoy waking up to some Saturday morning sun. Especially when hubby and I have a hardcore run in store for us (well, maybe his run is a little more hardcore than my "jog-however-long-I-can-without-knee-pain..." but still).

We packed:

almond butter, chiaseed, raisin, cinnamon sandwiches on homemade bread and some fruity friends.

I ate:

nanner + 2 spoons o' wheat germ.


aaaaand some of these guys.

workout: 35 min run/jog + 15 mins of push ups, lunges, ab moves, and "I-gotta-strengthen-them-leg-muscles" type of exercises.

We then got the urge to go house hunting, saw some beauties calculated or moneys, and daydreamed of owning our own place some day... too bad we got lost in our dreaming and didn't get home till 2 and didn't get to food until 3pm!! So, needless to say, we were starving. So, I brainstormed aaand...

sushi appetizer!!!

I conquered sushi! Brown rice cooked and browned a bit in sesame oil with rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt n peppah. Theennn I grabbed the seaweed paper pieces, covered them almost entirely with a layer of packed rice, topped with avocado and cucumber and rolled into beauties!


We split this plate and it tasted soooo amaaziiinngly! Hubby ate each one with his eyes closed and a smile on his face, stinkin' body needed it since all he had after his 13 mile run was a sandwich, 1 kiwi, a banana and an orange. Shoot! And he asked me to make 8 million sushi next weekend instead of pizza - biggest surprise ever since he's crazy for my pizza! I'm excited for many sushi weekends in our future :)

Dinner:

Israeli Salad (tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, salt, pepper, serrano chili, fresh lime juice) with homemade pita bread transformed into pita chips (350* for 10 mins, seasoned as you wish!) aaaand a gigantic bean taco with homecooked pinto beans, spinach, lime, green onion + hubby's salsa and avocado atop) - so filling and packed with protein, it was a good way to enjoy my second-to-last homemade tortilla!

I see a movie night + yogurt in our future... aaand some mo' cat feeding and bird sitting for the lovely family members that are in vacation land. Ah, I want December and vacations!! Mexico Mexico Mexico!

peace :]

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the successful sushi! I made spring rolls the other day and was so darn proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete