September 26, 2010

They Say Less is More

But how true is that really? I recently realized that I have a huge problema with the whole "less is more" concept. And yes, I am referring on and only on my meals + their decorations. What am I talking about? Well, here are a few good examples:

breakfast

I could have topped this with just almonds, maybe a few raisins, or one of the following: wheat germ, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, sunflower seeds. But what did I do? I used them all. The amazingly filling, satisfying, and refreshing bowl included:
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 2 frozen strawberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 wittle droplet of vanilla
  • toppings: wheat germ, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, and a few raisins.
Less is more? Ha!

Church: share the gospel. just do it.

Snack:

homemade tortilla, almonds butter, apple butter, cinnamon, banana, and...


some rolling action. okay, honestly this is the BEST "I need food right now just give me something anything before I pass out and cry a little" go-to snack. And it actually fills a wee tad, so you can make 2 loaves of bread (or at least get them made + put into bowls to rise) and prepare a pizza, and not pass out 'cause you're so stinkin' starving.


I ate oranges. That's it, not adding to these juicy slices.

MESS:

My heart sank a little, and then I slowly started to clean. You know why this happened? 'cause there was a little extra flour on my big ol' piece of wood that I roll pizza dough on, and I wanted to save it, so I got the flour back out. Mistake. Lid came off, flour flew, I lost a good 3/4 cup whole wheat flour over the 1 tablespoon that seemed good enough to save. Shoot!

More is GOOD:

okay, ready? mushroom pasta sauce, 2 kale leaves, beets, carrots, tofu, cauliflower, radishes, pineapple, bell pepper, serrano chili + topped with red pepper flakes. It was wonderful but the pieces were like, "hey, I'm falling...." after almost each bite. Maybe a tad overloaded this time, but I just couldn't stick with just a few toppings. I wanted them all...


Tofu was a really good idea 'cause it got a bit crunchy. Fantastic.

Breads

mis-shaped loaves? I love you guys.

Dessert:

aaaaand yogurt, frozen berries, dates, ice cubes, blended, rolled oats, flaxseed, raisins, almonds...


...and some dark chocolate for old times' sake.

Now, come on, is less really more? I want it all together I tell you, all of it!

Daily Devotional:
Sometimes, the demands of daily life
can drain us of our strength and
rob us of the joy that is rightfully
ours in Christ. But on our darkest
days, God stands ready to renew
our spirits and restore our strength.


Isn't that beautiful? God makes all things new, no matter how long we've been going through the same routine day in and day out, no matter how exhausted or bored we are, all we have to do is give it to Christ and ask Him to reign in our hearts once more, and trust that He can make all things new. "Your job is to let Him." :)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the demands of everyday life can drain us of strength and deprives us of the joy that is rightfully ours in Christ. But our darkest moments, God is ready to renew our spirits and restore our strength.

    ReplyDelete