carrot oatmeal cake = divine
snacks = satisfying
lunch: missing a few friends that escaped from the photo into my mouth before I had time to snap a complete picture. sandwich: mustard, green bell pepper, zucchini, avocado + homemade bread.
Workout: 5 miles - 47:03 elliptical
Weights + Arms: 15-20 minutes
- 20 Crunches
- 35 Bicycle Crunches
- 20 Reverse Crunches
- 20 Alternating Leg Pull Ins
- 20 Scissor Kicks
- 20 Fingers to Toes Crunches
- 20 Straight Leg Crunches
- 90 seconds plank
- Standing Calf [20lbs] 3x12
- Leg Extension [20lbs] 3x12
- Leg Curl [10lbs] 3x12
- Triceps Extension [20lbs] 3x12
- Chest Supported Row [30lbs] 3x12
1 entire banana and 34532 roasted almonds, sin sal.
kashi golean crunch clusters = inhaled.
amazing recipe by a fantastic cook :)
- 1/2 cup extra-firm tofu, diced into little squares
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 serrano chili peppers
- 1 garlic clove (omitted 'cause of garlic hater in the casa)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 1 dash o' red pepper flakes
- 1 dash o' salt
- 1 mini-splash of olive oil
- Gently coat a non-stick pot with olive oil.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery until soft.
- Add rice (and garlic) and cook, stirring, until it browns slightly.
- Add tomatoes, water, chili powder and other seasonings, and stir.
- Gently stir in tofu, cover tightly and put on low heat.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
Makes 2 lovely servings. PS: the recipe was tweaked a bit, to our liking. The recipe called for white rice, and had a side note about using brown rice - but that it'd take twice the liquid/time. It was very true, but it did nothing harmful to the INSANELY DELICIOUS AND POWERFUL FLAVOR! So, patience is key. Honestly, our rice was a little firm once I took it off the heat, but we had to leave the house so I had no choice. The texture just added more fun to this bowl of goodness. :)
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.