September 5, 2010

Tofu Smoothie in a Bowl

Sunday started off with a really amazing epic green monster. That's all that needs to be said.


  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 kale leaves, 6 beet leaves, 1/5 handfuls o' spinach
  • 2 frozen strawberries
  • 4 ice cubes

100% inspired by this lovely girl


topped with 2 dates, wheat germ + almonds.
held me over from 830am - 1pm! Miraculous!

Art Show:

My church holds an annual art exhibit, all artists from church welcome to enter anything they wish, and I entered this fella. Acrylics on canvas. Title: Isaiah 45:8

You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the LORD, have created it.

We split:

a familiar old friend :)

Pizza:

this time: very thin layer of mushroom pasta sauce, with zucchini, beets, carrots, radishes, broccoli, pineapple, bell pepper + serrano chili. UNBELIEVABLE! My hubby looked at me while he ate his turkey-topped slices and asked, "and do you really like that?" hahah. I giggled and inhaled 3 slices.

Dessert:

purple-ish smoothie in a bowl, with tofu! Why? Because I felt my pizza lacked a bit of protein, I usually top it with garbanzos or tempeh and skimped out this time. So tofu into the blender seemed like a really rad idea.
  • 4 spoonfuls o' yogurt
  • 3/4 banana (I ate the other fourth in 2 seconds before it made it into the blender)
  • ice, ice, ice (5x)
  • frozen blueberries + strawberries
  • 1/4 cup-sized square of firm tofu
Traditiiooooon! Tradition!

Oh, Fiddler on the Roof. I should watch that again.
2 warm, sweet-smelling loaves, ready to be sliced, tasted, and saved.

Utter joy.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

James 1:2-3

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful art piece! I love abstracty yet realistic pieces such as that. And the color!!
    Love your GM. Freya would be proud, methinks ;) And smoothies with tofu = perfectly acceptable in my book!
    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That art is gorgeous!! I totally had a green monster for dinner last night, cup version though, no bowl ;) I was thinking of making your Chia Bread today. Ill let you know if I do!! Do you use a breadmaker at all or no? I dont have one, so I was just wondering if mine are going to turn out as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I never though to put tofu in a smoothie but heard that silken tofu adds great texture. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete