October 1, 2010

Unbelievable Overnight Green Monster Oats

Let's compare...

[bfast]

kale puree w/rice milk with overnight oats. or...


overnight green monster smoothie oats?


  • 1.5 cups kale pureed with rice milk
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1-2 tbsps: wheat germ, flaxseed meal, chia seeds
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 date
  • 1/2 handful almonds
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup frozen blueberries


oh. my. gosh. This was, by far, the only meal worth an good long explanation. It was incredible, extremely thick and flavorful. Sweet, hardy, chocolate-y, cake-like. Delicious. Divine. Rich and powerful. Kept me full and happy from 6:45 to 11:15. Packed with too many nutrients to even mention. It was insane, and will definitely be re-created in the near future. Who would have thought to put almonds in a blender? I don't know what came over me, but it was gorgeous tasting and I think the fact that it sit overnight in the fridge did mini-miracles. Oh goodness.

[lunch]

2 pinto bean/oat patties on last homemade pita with the goods,


fruit + veg or...


almond butter, chia, cinnamon sammie on homemade bread with pre-sliced fruit + veg?


well, I was hungry about 2.5 hours later with this one, while the other guy held me over for a good long while. So the pita + bean patties won that one.

[dinner]

a piece of chicken breast, quinoa cooked in homemade broth + some bell pepper and broccoli browned slightly right with the protein + grains or...


whole wheat pasta cooked with garlic + onion, with slightly roasted radishes, beets, cauliflower and red bell pepper and tossed with spinach + the pasta? THIS RED PASTA OWNED! I don't know what has come over my hands in the kitchen lately, but they're working mini miracles I promise you.

[dessert]

yogurt, strawberries, ice, dates + rolled oats and almonds or...


thicker and creamier yogurt with frozen strawberries, blueberries, ice cubes, dates + a topping of rolled oats, raw sunflower seeds, frozen blueberries, and homemade granola?

I'd eat both those bowls again in a second. But I pick choice #2.

These have been a good ol' 2 days. The concert was lovely, missing a few hours of sleep was worth it, skipping my workout post-concert was a good choice, pushing in a ten minute what's-your-face ab workout felt painfully good, pushing a quick 4 mile elliptical cardio session this mornin' was lovely and enjoying the most glorious overnight oat smoothie was a wonderful way to start a Friday. Happy weekend.


Arcade Fire













Ah, the leisurely weekend is upon us...

And He said, “My presence will go
with you, and I will give you rest.”

Exodus 33:14

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh jealous! I've never seen Arcade Fire live but I looove their music!

    ReplyDelete