September 11, 2010

Vegetables Do Miracles

10 hours of sleep & 20 pounds of vegetables + fruits do the body good sometimes!

So, this mornin? I still felt pretty off, but very refreshed after so much sleep. I decided to take things slow, and try to perfect my pancakes (you know, the guys that always seem to fail one way or another in my life). So I tried to math out a good balance of wet/dry ingredients, and then...

I threw 8 million carrots into the food processor

this was a beastly carrot, I shredded him.
& LOOK! Fail-proof pancakes!
  • 3/4 cup dry (part oats, part whole wheat flour, wheat germ, flax seed, chia seeds..)
  • 3/4 cup wet (rice milk)
  • 3/4 cup veggies (shredded carrot!)
  • cinnamon, nutmeg
  • a few splashes of water, until desired thickness is acquired.

utter joy. I spread almond butter between each lil' cake, and covered them with a bowl so they'd stay warm as I cooked the other. Topped with 1 banana + frozen blueberries.

Lunch:

"More veggies!!" said my immune system. So I grabbed the garbanzos that I cooked last night, and mixed 'em up with half an avocado, 1.5 celery sticks, and some lime juice. Thenn spinach + tomato + mustard hung out with the green garbanzos on homemade slices of goodness. The side? An entire sweet potato cut into fries, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkled with paprika and cinnamon, baked at 400* for a good 15 mins or so.


I'm a fan.

Sweet:

I felt like a date was in order. So I ate one with a doofy smile on my face.

PEAR!

Hubby & I split the sweetest pear ever made before pizza was done.

Pre-Half Marathon Pie:

His slices were chicken-y and greenish.


Mine were green and broccoli-ish.

We just finished watching 102 Minutes That Changed America
Going through a September 11th without watching & remembering what happened in 2001 just wouldn't be right. We all ought to take the time to remember it all, and give thanks for being alive.

Happy weekend :)
Tomorrow = 5am wake up, 8am hubby's 1/2 marathon, 8pm sleep 'cause I wanted to be super well rested for my first day at new job! Nervous, nervous, nervous...

2 comments:

  1. Homemade sweet potato fries are one of my favorites. All your eats look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! You're blog's looking great! I've been so out of the loop lately and can't wait to catch up on all you're posts!

    So glad to hear you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete