October 21, 2010

An Acorn Type of Squash

Happy Thursday! I had a really joyous, challenging day at work (re: waiting room full of grumpy parents waiting an hour or so for a flu shot, while their wee-ones got impatient) and I truly enjoyed all of it. I love me a fast-paced work area, I really do. Let's do it again.

"Sad Business" Workout: 1 mile treadmill: knee pain!
and it was a 12 minute mile? bummer.
So I switched to my pain-free friend:

Mr. Elliptical: 4 miles - 38:09
+ 10 mins abs

Seems like my knees only let me tackle 6 miles on Saturdays. Ah, well... I'll take it!


Over-Decorated Green Monster

why couldn't I just eat the kale mush? 'cause I needed about 800 toppings, of course. frozen blueberries, wheat germ, unsweetened coconut, half a banana, grapes, almonds.

A Packed Friend:

yeaaaaah definitely need to bring more food to work these days. starving at 5pm.


t'was delicious in so many ways. straight-from-the-box tempeh (unseasoned, delightful) with instant guacamole (mash half an avocado with a fork, inside its own little shell, and spreaad like buttah!) with bell pepper + the likes.

Acoooorn Squuuuash!

I cut the baby in half and seeded it. Baked it at 375* for about 40 mins, then stuffed it with quinoa, baked tofu (seasoned with paprika, curry powder + salt), roasted broccoli, and beets (syke, I burnt them in the worse possible way.. they turned black and tasted like tar..)


So yummy! My first squash experiences this month have been unforgettable and I'm really happen Fall just began, 'cause that means squash is going to be around for quite a bit longer. Thank you, oh-so-fab changing seasons, for your seasonal goods.

Edu received his new Adidas shoes that he'll be running the New York Marathon with!!! We can't believe it's true... a year ago this time he was still trying to cope with and come to grips with an awful running injury that caused him to cancel his first 26.2 miles in NY, and now it's just... 2 weeks away? So so so exciting! He says he's been feeling great during his morning runs for training, and somewhere 'round 3 hours is looking pretty do-able! God willing :)

Before the mountains were born
or You brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting You are God.
Psalm 90:2

1 comment:

  1. Stuffed squash is amaaazing. I have yet to make it this season!

    ReplyDelete