October 19, 2010

Coconut and Oatmeal

I've recently fallen in love with two best friends: shredded coconut + rolled oats - the soft oats, covered in cinnamon and rice milk, surrounded by plump raisins, topped with the subtle yet fantastic flavor of coconut, right next to homemade granola (the crunchiest I've ever made it!) - it's really my new favorite, for breakfast and for dessert.

workout: 5 miles elliptical - 50:49 + push ups

(1)

just as I like it rolled oats, rice milk, cinnamon, chia, flaxseed, wheat germ, banana, almond butter, raisins, coconut aaaaanddd a nice helping of granola.

(2)

fruits, veggies, proteins, good fats, whole grains.

(2.5)

just try it: toast the homemade bread, top with warm pinto beans (and serrano chili) with avocado + raw zucchini. 'tis a classic.

(3)

fried rice (homemade "soy sauce") with broccoli, bok choy (loove youu!), tofu, carrot, and brown riiice.

(4)

frozen blueberries sat in rice milk for a bit, topped with oats, almonds + coconut. the milk almost froze up immediately 'cause of the blueberries, and it tasted like ice cream topped with granola. must repeat asap.

tomorrow I can sleep in 'till 6am! Love me some Wednesdays for "muscle recovery" but, more importantly, more sleep! A blessing, I tell you.

You are all sons of God through
faith in Christ Jesus,
for all of
you who were baptized into Christ
have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Galatians 3:26-27

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I LOVE coconut. Right now all I have is sweetened though, and I really prefer unsweetened so I havent been using it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh bok choy. I haven't had it in FAR too long.

    ReplyDelete