October 27, 2010

The Day I Forgot Grains

This morning started off with some really good sleeping in since the day in the work week has finally come where I skip the gym and let the muscles do a little recovering. It's a joyous occasion, and I wait patiently for it every Wednesday and Sunday. Thank you, rest days!

"Today's Only Grains" Oatmeaaaal!

The Bowl: rice milk, rolled oats, cinnamon, raisins aaaand a topping of: coconut, wheat germ, chia seeds, flaxseed, pomegranate, cranberries, banana, almonds, mo' raisins and almond butter. caloric bomb? caloric delight in my tummy keeping me full from 7:10am to 11, easy. Thank you, oats!

Packed:

a snack or two, a lunch, and a few more snacks. Thank you, amazing 5pm granola bar, for holding me over through the eye doctor appointment 'till dinner.

Beauty:

spinach, garbanzos, bell pepper, tomato, green onion, avocado, and leftover black beans from Chipotle at work. Thank you, cold black beans, for existing in this bowl of heaven.

Little-bit-o Everything Dinner:

Half a sweet potato and 1 medium beet: diced 'em, season 'em, brown 'em in some olive oil. (cinnamon + paprika are sweet potato soul mates) (salt n peppah for the beet) with home cooked pinto beans (with serrano chili) and a rice wrap: almond butter, red pepper flakes, homemade salsa, red wine vinegar (a mr.sweet n sour sauce, if you will) with spinach, tempeh, carrot + bell pepper.


Each bite. Was. So. DELICIOUS! Thank you, most random dinner I have ever created, for tasting like chocolate ice cream (in a "ohmygosh I can't get enough of this stuff" type of way!).

ps: anybody realize I forgot grains today? well, no worries, I ate about 3 slices of good ol' bread throughout the day. thank you, random co-worker who brought a lime-flavored brown bread to work to share, it was fantastico.

Goodness Gracious.

I love sleeping. So so so much.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in
tribulation,
be constant in prayer.
Romans 12:12

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making a single rice wrapped something to go with dinner... I always make a huge production when I make summer rolls but its so awesome just to do one on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bowl rice milk, rolled oats, cinnamon, raisins aaaand a topping of: coconut, wheat germ, chia seeds, flaxseed, pomegranate, cranberries, banana, almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning started off with some really good sleeping in since the day in the work week has finally come where I skip the gym and let the muscles do a little recovering.

    Free Poker Money

    ReplyDelete