October 25, 2010

Pomegranate and Cranberries

That's what I put in my bowl of oats this morning, and it inspired me to make some cookies very very soon.

This morning my alarm woke me up 'round 5:00am and I ignored it for a full 4 minutes, and guess what? It felt like I had slept for a full 2 extra hours. I felt slightly zombie-like, in a good deep, deep sleep type of way. I should give those 4 minutes a chance more often.

Workout: 5 miles elliptical - 49:43
& 15 minutes stretch, arms, abs.

Oh Oatmeal:

delicious.

A Day's Worth:

a veggie pattie/salad type of day, with all the goods. Including 1 slice o' homemade cinnamon raisin bread that turned out incredibly sweet, it will definitely have numerous appearances in the upcoming weeks.

5 Hour Energy:

Don't waste your money on those drinks, good ol' veggies, fruit + protein from pinto beans will give you loads of energy and strength and happiness in your tummy (for about 5 hours, too!)

Dinner:

Eating a warm plate of baked butternut squash, a stir fry of quinoa/broccoli/tofu/bell pepper with 1 part pinto beans + 1 part homecooked garbanzos = the most comfy way to spend an evening when the weather outside is frightening. I love me some wind and a good power outage, but sometimes I'm just blasting cold! More warm plates like this, please.

Dr. Oz is talking about cranberries, I expect only fabulous recipe ideas from this guy. Let's pay attention.

So we have come to know and to believe the
love that God has for us. God is love, and
whoever abides in love abides in God, and
God abides in him.
1 John 4:16

1 comment:

  1. Look how healthy and beautiful it all looks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete