October 4, 2010

The Return of No-Bake Granola Bars

Lovely evening, where have you been for the past 3 weeks? I'm a fan of not burning dinner, of controlling my insane over-eating post-dinner, and of cooking dinner two days in advance, so I can actually have plans on a weeknight (tomorrow = church!). Ah, the joys in the simple things like smiling at strangers at work and watching The Amazing Race next to my hubby.

workout: 5 miles - 50:53 elliptical + 20 push ups + 10 min abz!


chias taste a whole lot bettah when soaked overnight in the oats. take note.


who knew the quinoa wouldn't "cook" in the cold oats + rice milk combo overnight?


I found a grape inside my sandwich. a grape. it was a bit of a delight though, all covered in cinnamon and almond butter and all.


birdseed bar! it may have turned into more of a birdseed crumble after living in my purse all day long, but it was still scrumptious!


say hello to burnt quinoa, purple potatoes with almonds, almost raw broccoli, tempeh browned in a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with paprika, salt and pepper, and a good ol' side of homecooked pinto beans with avocado.

The Return of a Good Friend!

I used to make these every other week or so, and I have no idea why I stopped. They are filling, kick that afternoon hunger pang goodbye, and they're extremely tasty and full of the good stuff. Averie's no-bake chocolatey oat and raisin bars are flawless.

  • 1.5 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • cinnamon + vanilla

Go ahead, add agave, stevia, dates, more raisins, more peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, protein powder, it's your call. just mix, freeze in 8x8 tupperware, then remove from freezer, cut, and store in baggies or plastic wrap.


10 little beauties, I tell you. I'm excited.

As each has received a gift,
use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God's varied grace.
1 Peter 4:10

1 comment:

  1. Those bars look awesome! I love that they require no baking. Maybe I'll try 'em!

    ReplyDelete