October 17, 2010

Rich, Chocolate Ice Cream For Breakfast

That's right. I've made a grand discovery. A delicious, wholesome, filling, sweet discovery. My name is Nicole, and I ate a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream for breakfast. And I may have made it a cousin bowl for dessert, as well.


If you ever have a hankering for some vegan ice cream, just do this:
  • 1 handful beet leaves
  • 2 kale leaves
  • 1 handful spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1/8 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 pitted dates
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Thank you, Mr.Blender, for always being there for me.

my sweet friend, this tasted a whole lot like heaven. 100% naturally sweetened with fruit, packed with more green vegetables than you could imagine, and keeps your tummy full and satisfied from 'round 8:30am - 2:00pm, I kid you not. And when 2:00pm does roll around, and dinner isn't quite ready, you can snack on something awesome like this:


roasted almond butter, cinnamon, half slice homemade bread.

I then called for my hubby dearest while holding a coconut in my hand, and he pulled out the biggest knife we own and proceeded to...


show me the insides were... curdled a bit. big bummer, but made me want to buy another one just to taste the full effects of a true coconut.

and then... t'was vegan pizza time, me lads:


mushroom pasta sauce, kale, spinach, radish, bell pepper, tempeh, zucchini, broccoli bits, pineapple, serrano chili over homemade whole wheat crunchy dough.


3 slices of soul food.

Although I loooveee making me breads at home and not spending $25/month on store-bought bread, I always seem to dread and put off the whole slicing bit. I mean, just get me a machine to do it, nah? Ah, well, this time it wasn't too bad, and I got some pretty even slices there, buddy.


then I proceeded to make our lunches for Monday, Mondaaay.


and I cooked up some pinto beans in the pressure cooker, mashed them, seasoned them, and cooked 'em a wee-bit longer for that "oh-you-taste-so-good" kick. These babies last us all week, and their the best source of protein/fiber I can think of.


homemade salsa for the week (Edu can't live without this!) just some serrano chilis + tomatoes with a dash or 3 of salt.

chocolate smoothie numbah 2 then came to mind...


  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 dates
  • vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, ground flaxseed meal
then I paintedandpaintedandpainted and now the hour has come, the hour that sends me off to bed, I declare. But not without some amazing encouragement to conclude a lovely weekend:

Do not be afraid or discouraged.
For the LORD your God is with
you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

2 comments:

  1. FAVORITE VERSE!! :)
    Gah I wish I could make homemade bread....need a breadmaker I guess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE AZTECS CALLED CHIA RUNNING FOOD™!
    The Tarahumara Indians are an ancient tribe of super athletes that live in the Copper Canyon. Tarahumaran Indian Cirildo Chacarito showed up to a 100 mile Ultra Marathon over 30 minutes late. Cirildo wore his native garb including Hurache Sandals made from the tread of a tire and leather straps. He looked completely out of place amidst these world class Ultra Marathoners.
    The unlikely contender won the race 37 minutes ahead of the 2nd place finisher. To top it off, Cirildo was 52 years old!
    The Media swarmed around Cirildo and asked how he could run such an amazing race. Cirildo said it was the chia seed that gave him all his strength and endurance.
    The Aztecs discovered chia and called it "Running Food". Running Food Chia Flour is Micro-Milled™ Chia seed and is the healthiest raw whole food on planet earth! Running Food Micro-Milled™
    Chia is a potent nutritional product.
    8 X more Omegas than Salmon
    25% More Dietary Fiber the Flax Seed
    15 X More Magnesium Than Broccoli
    6 X More Calcium Than Milk
    30% more Antioxidants than Blueberries.
    It makes gluten free baking awesome!.
    The products are made at a Green + manufacturing plant.
    Gluten Free Certified and Kosher.
    We use 100% renewable sources of energy (solar, wind, water).
    We also have: Running Food Energy Bars, Chia Oil Softgels, Granola, Cereal,Pancake Mix, Blueberry Muffin Mix and more!!!!
    Check out the incredible testimonials on our site. www.runningfood.com
    315-685-2310 main ph.

    ReplyDelete