October 18, 2010

Stuffed Squash is Beautiful

This mornin' started off with some Insanity Cardio Power + Resistance ~ I found this website to be a perfect sum of what goes down in this 40 minute workout video, so read on my friends. Here's a mini run down:
  • Jog.
  • Power Jacks.
  • Log Jumps.
  • 123 Heisman.
  • Butt Kicks.
  • High Knees.
  • Vertical Jump.
  • (30 secs each move 3 rounds total, then 7 minute stretch)
  • Power Jumps.
  • Belt Kicks.
  • Hit the Floor.
  • V Push Ups.
  • (30 secs each move 3 rounds total, 30 second water break)
  • Tricep Dips.
  • Hurdle Jumps.
  • Globe Jumps.
  • Moving Push Ups.
  • Floor Sprints.
  • (30 secs each move 3 rounds total, 30 second water break)
  • 8 hop squats, 8 pushups - repeat for 1 minute
  • 3 minute cool down, stretch, celebration.
Okay, so: I like it. I sweat, a lot (a whooole lot) but I'm bad at pushing myself, and since Shaun T isn't there screaming directly at me, I slack at times. I like that this workout gives me a day off of the elliptical/treadmill, and it's toning muscles that I had yet to tone even a tad bit. I'm really excited for the future, though, when I can do the moves with ease, get a hardcore burn going on, and feel like I didn't give up haha. So, things are looking up for my friendship with Insanity at 5:00am. We'll see where this goes.

A Gift:

overnight quinoa oats with rice milk, homemade granola, frozen blueberries and an entire banana.

Packed Lunch:

The works.

A Beauty:

homemade bread, beet greens, garbanzo/oat/pinto bean pattie, tomato, bell pepper, avocado, onion + friends.

I got off work, ate my banana + the orange, drove and drove, did stuff, and found myself home 'round 6:15pm (left the home at 7:20, where did my day go?) and didn't get to eating 'till 7:30 - so, it kind of goes without saying that I was a starving mess, so I ate 2 beet/carrot/oat cookies. And don't let their looks fool you, they aren't sweet but are extremely savory and delightful.


I call them appetizers.

Loving Stuffed Squash

baked squash with a mix of: quinoa, kale, pinto beans, cumin, curry, salt, cinnamon + red pepper flakes. Those dark-looking delights on top? I tried roasting some of the squash's seeds with cinnamon/paprika, but they turned into burnt babes. Still good though.

Running out of time. I seriously need me some one-on-one time with my Creator, 'cause this busy schedule is throwing me waaayy off and I lack focus, yo.

I have been crucified with Christ
a
nd I no longer live, but Christ lives in
me. The life I live in the body, I live by
faith in the Son of God, who loved me
a
nd gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

3 comments:

  1. Ummm hello workout of death!! lol Looks intense!! Mmmm stuffed squash sounds INCREDIBLE! I should totally give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah that workout sounds INTENSE. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuffed squash looks soo good!!!

    ReplyDelete