October 9, 2010

Sushi, Kareoke, and The Breakfast Club


Without further adieu:

Girls' weekend!


Friday morning Edu and I arose at the early hour of 4:50am and got ready for a morning drive to the Seatac airport. Why, you may ask? Well, months ago we had planned a trip to Sonora, Mexico so my hubby could run a half marathon for his NY Marathon training. His twin brother lives in Sonora and they were excited to run together, and shoot son, I was stoked about going to Mexico twice in the same year!


dropping off my cutie at the airport, see you soon beautiful hubby o' mine!

But, God had big plans ahead, and I was blessed with a new job shortly after we planned the trip. What did that mean for Mexico? I'd have to skip out, since I would just be starting at the new place and I didn't feel like leaving right away would be genius. So hubby is in Mexico land 'till Monday, and I'm hanging out with rad people + cooking more than any sane person would.


overnight oats mixed with kale puree, wheat germ, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, banana, frozen blueberries, almond butter, a splash o' rice milk, and some almonds!


the silliest, most random packed lunch to date: apple, banana, white peach, black grapes, cucumber, celery with almond butter and raisins, zucchini pancake, frozen granola bar (it defrosts before being consumed, don't worry) and leftover tofu jambalaya!


tiny portion of home cooked pinto beans, roasted golden beet and broccoli. amazing, simple, and kept me full 'till...

Girl's Night: Sushi + Kareoke!

SUSHIIIIII!! I'm crazy over this stuff. And guess how much I spent? $3 haha, but I guess I got my moneys worth in rice. Next time I'm going for the veggie-packed tofu roll, 'cause the cucumber sushi + Mr.cooked-spinach sushi were, well, pretty much just a bunch of white rice and a baby portion of veg. Give me more, I tell you! Eating sushi with mai girls from daycare land is a pretty ideal way to spend a Friday night, I must say.

thenisangkareokeforthefirsttimeanditwasamazing.

The only good thing(s) about bars: you can sing as loud as you can care free, you can dance your face off and most people will probably just ignore you, you don't have to drink a lick of alcohol to have a good time, and you can tell people about Jesus if they give you the chance. :)

Saturday's INSANITY!

Yes, I got it. And yes, I did survive the fit test. I wasn't exactly proud of my form during some of the jumps and hops, but mainly because I live on the third floor of our apartment complex, and jumping at 7:30am isn't really rewarded 'round here. I loved this DVD, though, and I'm so excited to bring it to the gym a few days a week to get my insanity on at 5am.
Workout: 25mins of pure insanity

The Breakfast Club: 3 girls, a 4 year old, and an awesome morning of catching-up with some really good plates of grub. I love me some monthly Breakfast Club! My friends are lovely.

egg substitute (I swear those were actual eggs) with more fruit than my body needed in one sitting (but, naturally, I ate all of it) and...


an oh-so-famous maltby cafe bran muffin. t'was a bit huge-mungous, so I ate half and finished the other half a few hours later ;D

I bought a few new friends:

SQUASH AND COCONUT!!
I'm happy, and nervous, and so ready to tackle that coconut.

Stuffed Squash!

you, you, and you are the cause of this squash in my kitchen. thank you!


then I ate a glorious homemade granola bar, 'cause I was starving and squash takes almost an hour to cook in the oven.


I also ate some overnight kale oats, but a baby portion fo' sho.

Stuffed Squashies

Guess who forgot to peel these babies?
Haha... wasn't much of an issue, though..
  • 1 squash, cut in half (peeled!) and de-seeded
  • 1/4 cup quinoa
  • 1/4 cup garbanzos
  • 3 pieces of tempeh, cut into cubes
  • 1/2 cup kale puree
  • 1 nice big ol' piece of bell pepper, diced
  • cinnamon, onion, garlic, salt n peppah


dominated.

I saw the Dr. today, and guess what? She told me 1 month dairy free is the way to go, and I'll see her in December (insurance kickin' in, what whaaat) and she'll let me know if we should look into celiacs disease or IBS or... other things. So? No more yogurt nights for me! That is, unless I go spend some hard earned cash on some soy yogurt, or rice yogurt? Hmm... the possibilities...

He said to them, "Go into all the world and
preach the good news to all creation..."
Mark 16:15

1 comment:

  1. Yay for girls night!! Hope your hubby did well in his race. I def think I have some sort of IBS or something. I try and stay away from dairy as much as possible, but froyo is my weakness!! It doesnt bother me to the point of extreme pain or anything, so I will occasionally give in (aka like last night! haha)
    I love that Mark verse, but it can be so hard to do!! I need to remember that I am not the weak and shy perso I think I am, I have been given boldness from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete