October 16, 2010

To Run at a Leisurely, Slow Pace

I've come to grips with it all: I am a jogger, friends. And I'm okay with it, I promise! This past week I've tried to up the speed on the treadmill, mainly because I've been so excited that I can now "run" without any knee pain. But I failed to mention a bit of a set-back: I felt loads of knee pain after going past #6 on the treadmill last Tuesday. I rested Wednesday, and tried to run again on Thursday, starting at 5. But... the knee made me stop a mile later. I did Insanity on Friday, and was optimistic for Saturday. Let's do this...

Fuel:


Post-Run Eats:



green monster! I definitely got a few good "what the???!!" stares at Starbucks as I munched on this beauty.

Before The Run:

Me: 5k?
Him: 30K!

...I started off slow and steady, almost waiting for the knee to act up (not recommended!) and I felt pretty stinkin' good. I kept thanking God for the ability to move pain-free and maintained my jogging pace. I believe I was doing about 10min miles, give or take. To my surprise, mile 3 came upon me and my knee(s) were doing fantastically. So? I ran another 3 miles and not once did I feel any bothersome sharpness in my knee, or any part of my body for that matter. I sprinted the last 1/2 mile or so and felt unstoppable! God is good, and jogging is a blessing.

stats: 6.5 miles - 1:09:24


I was sooo happy!


glorious jog, let's be friends 'till my knee allows me to sprint again :)

A Cat Feeding:

My folks are on vacation celebrating their anniversary, so hubby and I get the grand privilege of feeding the little orange felines. It's a high light of my day, I tell you. Love me some cats.

Grocery Shopping Success:

Broccoli, radishes, bok choy & kale [pre-washing + cutting veggies saves so much time during the work week, do it!]


beets, their greens, bell peppah


apples, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, peaches


tempeh, tofu, serrano chili, squuaaashh

Anniversary Dinner #1:

goin' to Seattle, goin' to Seattle...


LOVE THIS MAN!


Seattle is full of art, and I love it dearly.

Chez Shea
We went here about 1/5 years ago and loved it. Located right in the center of Pike Place Market, it's romantic and itty-bitty, artistic, relaxing, and beautiful in every way. Please go, if you ever find yourself in downtown Seattle. It's so worth every penny you spend.


Bartlett Pear & Pecan Salad
Candied Pecans, Trampetti Olive Oil, Parsley, Honey Champagne Vinaigrette


After a 20 mile run, he deserved some good eats.



Mine:

Wild Alaskan Ling Cod
Roasted Baby Artichokes & Fingerling Potatoes, Sauce Bouillabaisse

His:

Confit of Muscovy Duck Leg
Sauteed Porcini Mushrooms, Baby Turnips, Fresh Herbs, Duck Jus


View from the restaurant's mini-windows


Favorite.


Happy 2 Year Anniversary!
(on Monday!)





A Mini-Dessert:

Pumpkin, pumpkin spice, granola, dates, raisins = 5 minute pumpkin pie for 1.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ
is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
Ephesians 5:22+23

1 comment:

  1. You two are way too cute. Way way way too cute :)
    Sorry for the knee pain. I know how you feel girl. My body cant handle it anymore either!

    ReplyDelete