October 26, 2010

Unnecessary Nibbles

I believe I have been poisoned by a flu vaccine. Last night I got the grand opportunity of being given a shot, and I woke up this morning feeling a little more that just tired. My arms weighed 100 pounds each, my joints ached and shouted, my entire body wanted to shut down. Naturally, I ignored it and headed to the gym for this guy:


PURE CARDIOOO! for a difficult 40 mins

Okay, it was a really big challenge. I had to keep my eyes off the screen and on my reflection in the window in order to stay distracted and maintain hard-core fancy form. I struggled, sweat fell into my eyes numerous times, and I took extra water breaks. The flu vaccine poor-reaction didn't help much, either. But I felt amazing after the last stretch + water chug, and some arm/leg weights were reunited with their friends: triceps + hamstrings. Love me a good muscle burn!

Breakfast:

the 1st highlight of my day.


an additional highlight to the day.

blend: kale, beet greens, spinach, rice milk, banana, frozen berries, 2 dates, rolled oats, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, flaxseed

top: wheat germ, unsweetened coconut, chia seeds, raisins, almonds


it's my favorite bowl in the whole wide world, and I wish I could eat it twice a day, every day. I could easily throw in a block of tofu and get a very well-rounded + balanced meal: protein, veg, fruit, whole grains. Where can you go wrong with that? DELICIOUS GEM!

Lunch + Snack + Snack + Snacks

almond butter + cinnamon sammie on homemade raisin bread, and that right there is a frozen granola bar ready to be perfectly defrosted and consumed around 5:15pm.

PROTEIN!

I realized my packed lunch was pretty low on a great invention: protein. So when I heard that lunch was being provided at work today, my heart was glad. What made it even more joyous? The Mexican theme and a whole plate of black beans with pico de gallo, guacamole, and beautiful greens! Insanely good, Chipotle Mexican Grill :)


Dinner:

This dinner was flawless, perfect, delicious, wholesome and very much worth the wait. Butternut squash, broccoli, purple cauliflower, brown rice and tofu. Seasoning included: red pepper flakes, chili pepper + paprika for the tofu ~ paprika, curry powder, salt n peppah for the butternut squash ~ and simple salt + peppah for the brocc/cauliflower. I'm telling you: this dish was perfect!



And theeeeen I decided to make lunch for the next few days for hubby and I, and make a few dinners ahead of time, and pack some other goodies. But that's not all I did. I also ate a little bit (of everything) on the way through the food to-do list. Why? Because I always have a slight sweet tooth every evening after dinner. But instead of sweets, I saw garbanzos, beans, more garbanzos, carrots, and other bites were in front of me.

So I nibbled, and nibbled some more, and munched and crunched and... here I find myself, sitting on the couch 1 hour later, with a full tummy, and a whole lot of fatigue brought on by way too much food that my insides didn't need and this lethargic feeling seems to be a little lesson. Well learned. And to think I could have enjoyed a sweet bowl of frozen fruit + rice milk, blended up with cocoa powder in a nice round bowl. If only, if only.

The most beautiful comfort:

I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1+2

The LORD will keep you from all harm—
He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121:7+8

1 comment:

  1. My father in law got the flu shot last year and he NEVER gets sick. well last year he was sick as a dog! I really think the vaccine MAKES you sick os something. Crazy!! Hope you are feeling better though girlie. Being sikc is NO FUN!
    I wish my worked supplied Chipotle! Its my hubbys favorite. I rarely eat there, waaaay too much food! I cant eat all of it and most of it usually goes to waste, but I love how perfectly portioned your plate is!

    ReplyDelete