October 7, 2010

Zucchini Pancakes

Planned on a wee-run on the treadmill this mornin' but the body wasn't in the mood after I decided to use my rest day to tackle the elliptical yesterday. So, what did I do? I went to the living room, and did a whole lotta this:


I held each pose for 30-60 seconds, and I felt so good afterward. And yes, I did sweat a load or two, which made it feel that much better.


I also tackled some exercise band stretches. Total workout: 30 lovely minutes.


overnight oats mixed with blended kale :)

Time for Scarves!

it's going to be a really exciting Fall, I tell you!


I am in love with those huge grapes. Thank you, Costco!!


zucchini pancakes, beans, tomato onion salsa.

Zucchini Pancakes!

100% thanks to: Vegan Dad

Tomato Onion Salsa

  • 1 small splash oil
  • 1 green onion onion, diced
  • 1 drop or two agave
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • salt n peppah
  1. Combine all the ingredients, and leave in fridge 'till the zucchini babes are ready.
Zucchini Pancakes
Makes 8 nice sized cakes

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tbsp wheat germ
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • salt n peppah
  • 1/3 cup yogurt
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy milk (more if needed)
  • 2 sage leaves, finely chopped (or parsley, marjoram)
  • 1 1/2 medium summer squash and/or zucchini, shredded or diced
  1. Preheat oven to 400*
  2. Mix the dry
  3. Combine the wet
  4. Combine the two, add a few splashes of soy milk as needed. You're shooting for a thick-paste mix, not a runny one like pancakes, but nothing dry either.
  5. Line a baking sheet with foil, nicely attack it with non-stick spray
  6. Form as many small or large patties as you like, leaving a bit of space in between each
  7. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
  8. Enjoy the strange fact that they'll smell like cookies, then eat them with the tomato onion salsa atop.

pre-cook.


after the 20mins + their flip!


A simple delight. And yes, they did taste a bit like cookies. Guess who loved them? My anti-zucchini husband! It's a miracle!!!


yes, please.

Tofu Jambalaya



with half a zucchini cake, broccoli + avocado.


yogurt, ice, ice, ice, frozen berries, dates, splash o' soy milk.


tackled with broken bird seed bar, rolled oats, homemade granola... the works.

Being grumpy is a bummer. I need a weekend or something.

6am airport tomorrow
I'm going to miss my anti-vegan hubby. He's going to Mexico to hang out with his brother and tackle the hot 95 degrees half marathon in Sonora, Mexico. We're both stoked, but it's a little scary since dehydration is so stinkin' simple down there. God is in control, but Edu's going to be in charge of hydrating every few kilometers! Praying for the best!

1 comment:

  1. Yay scarves! You look so cute :) Those cakes look incredible. I have one zucchini in my fridge, I may have to cook those babies up! Will def be praying for your hubby. He seems like an experienced runner though, I am sure he will be fine!!

    ReplyDelete