November 19, 2010

Black Soy Beans with Seaweed

...saved me from afternoon starvation, and I am thankful. Today I started everything off in no special way. I arose around 5:00am, walked a few minutes to the gym in the freezing cold, hopped on Mr. elliptical for 4 miles and finishing in 40 minutes + 20 seconds then cooled off, and did some weights for about 15 minutes and walked home ready for a fantastic breakfast.


spinach blended with frozen fruit, dates, vanilla, cocoa powder, and rolled oats!


topped with shredded parsnip, blueberries, chia seeds, wheat germ.

and then I took a gander at my supply of food for an 8-5 shift, plus the shopping trip (that accidentally lasted over an hour), and I thought, "yes, of course that's enough food"



but little did I know.. the hunger pangs that would strike early on that morning as if my green monster bomb was just a piece of dry toast, and hadn't filled me up one bit. So my poor 4:30pm banana (I always get hungry 'round that time of the day) turned into an 11:00am banana, as did half of the 4:45 granola bar. So what did we do?


shopping trip. I needed protein. in a can. And I needed extra fruit. And vegetables. And I conquered. I ate half the can of unsalted black soy beans (unsalted, and unseasoned) and they tasted a whole lot like baby food, thrown in the freezer, that had suffered freezer burn, and melted in a microwave. I tried to enjoy them out of a mug at the front desk. But I could hardly down them with a smile on my face, 'cause these babies needed some flavor, yo! Ah well, we have the second half of the can to make up for that. They did fill me up, though :)

*insert large grocery shopping trip here with mumsy, veggies, fruit, a hair dryer, and cleaning supplies* it was so much fun with my mamita, I don't know what came over us, but I felt kind of like teenagers (in a good way) on our first shopping trip by ourselves, goofing off and maybe being slightly annoying to those around us (jealous of our joyous friendship, much?). I love my mum. And then I started loving on some dinner...


baked cinnamon/paprika squash, left of the sghetti with squash and asparagus, chicken and broccoli party on the side.


it was a good thing.

I decided that Friday nights should no longer be a "fall asleep 'round 9pm after sitting in front of the TV all evening" type of occasion. So I got to cooking - big time.

It started off with my hubby's favorite snacks of all time: Banana Oat Cookies

Do: 4 mashed bananas, 4 cups oats, 1/2 cup almond butter, 1/2 cup rice milk, cinnamon, raisins, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, chia seeds, ground flaxseed + love. Bake: 325* for 15 minutes on parchment paper lined baking sheets.


Enjoy for weeks.


enjoyed over frozen blueberries, rice milk and rolled oats.

Then I got my loaves on:

It was a great evening. We sat in front of the tele for a good hour watching this weeks Biggest Loser, and right around the time where weigh-ins were finishing up and the voting was about to start: I crashed. No, we crashed. Sleeping felt awesome.


The Armor of God:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and
in His mighty power. Put on the
full armor of God, so that you can
take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Ephesians 6:10 + 11

No comments:

Post a Comment