November 12, 2010

Brown Rice Pasta

Although I'm coming to the conclusion that I most likely do not have celiac disease, I am still enjoying new boxes of pasta, ones I never had imagined existed. This week? I bought a $6 bag of Brown Rice Pasta and it sat on the shelf and waited for me to open it for a full four days, just longing to be tasted. Today is the day. Let's do this.

workout: 5K - 35:00 elliptical + 15:00 weights

Breakfast JOY!

kale, beet, spinach and rice milk blended with frozen fruit + dates. topped with more fruit and chia seeds, almonds, raisins, wheat germ.

Lunch Packin'

Yesterday's delicious quinoa/tofu mix with leftover roasted veggies!

Bam bammm:

You'd think this was too much food for a 10 hour shift, but it truly wasn't. I still went home slightly famished (lie, it actually held me over 'till 7pm - dinner time!)

Rice PASTA!

They definitely went a little loco on the packaging. Is brown rice pasta usually awful? 'Cause they were very determined to make every viewer believe that this rice pasta was better than any other. Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Good Consistent Texture, Not Mushy, Al Dente


This is truly how every pre-packaged food should be labeled. Short, simple, sweet.

Cook 2 mins in boiling water, stir.
Remove from heat, let sit 20 mins.

Delightful:

I diced up a few asparagus' with bell pepper, zucchini, and 1.5 tomatoes. Seasoned with italian seasoning and salt n pepper, with a splash of pasta sauce just 'cause. The side: beet, orange, peanut salad.


And yes, it was just as good as it looks. The pasta was soft (maybe a tad overcooked) and tasted much like your average wheat pasta. I'm excited to try it again in the future!

Thennnn I... we edited some Marathon Photos and prepped ourselves for a nice ol' 10k run (sandwiches and fruit in baggies: check!) for the following morning. I'm so stoked for the marathon post! It's coming soon, I promise!

Rejoice in hope,
be patient in tribulation,
be constant in prayer.

Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment