November 23, 2010

Brown Rice Tofu Quiche

T'was another more than freezing early morning at 5am, and the gym didn't call for me too loudly. Although a walk in the snow can be peaceful, I just didn't have the strength in me to do it in running pants, man! So? I pulled out the fail-proof workouts from magazines 'round the world!


and got a great 1 hour workout done right in my toasty, heated living room. It consisted of about 12 moves with 5lb weights, tackling 2 separate muscle groups in each, and 2 sets of 15-20 reps each. Do the whole workout 4 times, no rests between moves. It felt sooo goood! No post-feelings of guilt after this baby!


and instead of doing workout part 2, I used these yoga moves for a nice stretch.

Oats:

steel cut in rice milk with cinnamon, raisins, sunflower seeds + almonds. topped with wheat germ, banana, pom, crunchy almond butter, chia seeds and frozen blueberries.

SNOW!

it just kept on getting better and better.










pure blurry joy, my friends.



*forgot to take picture of packed lunch*


tempeh avocado spinach bell pepper mustard! on homemade bread with veggies.

ate:
banana, oat cocoa cookies, orange, grapes, cucumber,

Brown Rice Tofu Quiche!

I've made this baby before. It's been way too long and I'm glad it has made a re-appearance. This little dish is a gem. This delightful recipe can be found here, and I promise you won't regret it once you give it a taste :)


It was delicious, fluffy, and the textures were fantastic.


perfect protein companion: the black bean

Dessert:

apple, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder, almonds, raisins, steel cut oats (cold, like a rock star would eat 'em) - it was apple pie, I kid you not.

I love how simple ingredients can go so far. I love food.

No comments:

Post a Comment