November 17, 2010

Dreamy Steel Cut Oats

Wednesday, I love you. I love waking up a whole hour later than normal, still getting my 13 minute Runner's Knee Rehab workout in (lunges, one legged squats, plank, side plank, squats), getting ready for work at a normal calm pace, and diving into a deliciously creamy bowl of steel cut oats (with waayy too many toppings to properly count). A blessing, this Wednesday was.


steel cut oats in rice milk, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon.


wheat germ, frozen blueberries, chia seed icing, almond butter, almonds, banana


How can you not get lost in this little red bowl? Impossible.

Goodness gracious!! I adore the chewy texture of steel cut oats! Please don't ignore that little voice in your head that tells you to buy the slightly more expensive tin of oats at the grocery store. It's so worth it, I promise you. I waited way too long, and I don't know how I lived before these guys came into our kitchen. Pure joy.


veggie spring rolls! My new favorite bring-to-work lunch, and so easy to make, and super fresh taste, crispy veggies inside, lovely almond butter spicy mix inside to give it a kick.


spicy nutty sauce: almond butter, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, splash of water. veggies: asparagus, cucumber, spinach, carrots.


If only they were prettier... I'm working on it :)


lunch was yet again provided at work. I grabbed the california rolls with fake crab. no soy sauce needed with these babies, they were amazing!

tofu dinner:

yet another stir-fry, because they are quick and packed with flavor: tofu, asparagus, squash bits, brown rice, rice vinegars + spices.


1 giant banana, handful frozen blueberries, homemade granola + rice milk. a cold and super sweet evening treat. Frozen blueberries make the bowl taste like ice cream! I love it!

A verse to motivate + inspire. Last year I was struggling at work with truly loving and accepting someone, and I asked my hubby to find me a bible verse for some guidance. He pulled this one, and it hasn't ceased to inspire me to this day. It's beautiful.

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient,
bearing with one another in love.

Ephesians 4:2

1 comment:

  1. I love spring rolls but I find they are tough for me to bring to work because they start to fall apart! I love that you can put whatever you have on hand in them and they are delicious, healthy, and fun to make!

    ReplyDelete