November 15, 2010

The Joys of Exercise at 5:00AM

I love waking up with slightly sore muscles from the prior day's workout (the 13 minute, hardly push through it, type of miracle workout) and heading to the gym to start off the week on a good note. Truly love it. It wakes me up fast, I feel strong and energized for the day ahead, and I don't have to worry about trying to squeeze in some cardio after a 9 hour work shift. It's so ideal!


My view of the apartment's pool at 6:00am, after the sweat session:

4 miles elliptical - 37:56 + 15 minutes weights

Chia icing?

Oh my goooodness pre-cooked steel cut oats, hanging out overnight with seeds + raisins, is fabulous tasting! topped with banana, frozen blueberries, almond butter, chia seed/rice milk clumpy-icing.

Off to Work:

veggies + almond butter cocoa hummus, fruits, almond butter sammie, homemade granola bar.

Bean HEAVEN

I think my favorite invention is: medicine companies that bring samples to work, simply because they usually bring pretty rad food. today's rad food: Mexican love with chunky guacamole, red salsa with a kick, black beans, and "check out how not dark leafy green I am" lettuce.

Dinner:

Nutty quinoa with a cold pea salsa mix, a side of home cooked pinto beans + avocado.


Mix: diced tomato, peas, green onion, spinach, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, parsley, cucumber bits. It was a party in my mouth with every single bite.

3 hours later...

cocoa powder was in order. with banana, rice cake, rice milk.


chia icing, homemade granola, sprinkle of muesli. chocolate delight.

Tomorrow's SOUP!

with...


diced and...


veggies ready to be roasted...


blended slightly...


Not that attractive. But I gave it a little taste, and it was delicious.

Granola Mix:

rolled oats, cinnamon, rice milk, olive oil, raw honey.


saves money & tastes amazing.

The Lord is near to all who call on Him,
to all who call on Him in truth
Psalm 145:18

call on Jesus, He's always ready to listen and comfort you.

2 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY with you on waking up sore. It makes me feel like I actually accomplished something. It lets me know that my workout truly was INTENSE. No better feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your eats always look so good! i love that you get food like that brought to you at work - I would be in Heaven!!

    ReplyDelete