November 11, 2010

New York Workouts

Now that the eats have been discussed, let's talk exercise! After all, we did got to New York for just that: 3 hours and 5 minutes of pure strength (hubby's marathon time) while my brother in law and I chased the runners down. We did a whole lot of Subway-ing, walking, starring at maps, and jogging to dinner (yelp-ing a whole lot of restaurants that were in walking range of wherever in NY that we were, and going for a stroll with iPhone map in hand). There were many joyous workouts, let's have a mini-run down. :)

Thursday: 4.5K - 25:00 + 35:00 weights
Friday: 8K - 40:18 + 20:00 abs/legs
Saturday: 5K - walking in NYC!
Marathon Sunday: 10K - walk/run in NYC!
Monday: Mid-day flight, rest day.
Tuesday:
5.2K - 30:00 + 15:00 weights
Wednesday: 6.4K - 39:47 + 20:00 weights
Thursday: rest, sleep in, feel amazing.

Oh, elliptical, what would I have down without you? I'm really enjoying these half/half workouts, where I tackle some cardio and then jump straight into weights. It makes me feel stronger during the day (hello magic of strength training!) and I don't half fall asleep (mentally) on the elliptical machine. Love it. I'm so thankful that God gives me the strength and motivation to move - no matter how tired I feel before hand, I always feel so energetic and happy afterwards. It's a blessing!

Thursday Deliiights:

Green Monster, I have missed you! There is nothing like one of these guys, leaves me full allll morning and I don't even need a pre-lunch snack! Blender: kale, beet greens, spinach, rice milk, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, rolled oats, almonds, unsweetened cocoa powder, dates, vanilla. Topped with: wheat germ, grapes, raisins, almonds and a sprinkle of muesli.

To Work We Gooooo!

Been a while since the bean patties have re-appeared. It's a great way to use up leftover beans before you leave for a trip: food process them with oats, spinach, onion + your favorite spices. Form into patties + place atop plastic wrap, wrap the bad boys and toss 'em in the freezer for future eats. Yummm, man. The little guys on the bottom are: homemade raw granola bar, mini almond butter + raisin sammie on homemade cinnamon bread aaaaand a tiny acorn squash cookie!

Beautiful:

It was delicious, every bite. Avocado is a gift!

Rainbow Dinner:

Oh goodness. This was utter perfection on a plate. I did, however, ruin it a tad by eating an acorn squash cookie, almonds + raisins before chowing down ('tis what happens when you have to wait for veggies to roast and you're way past starving...) and then I ate another acorn squash cookie and LOADS of unsalted peanuts (while shelling them for a beet/orange salad) and my tummy kind of shouted at me all evening and morning there after. No fun.


Quinoa with tomato, basil, corn, tofu + spices
Pinto Beans homecooked with serrano chili
Purple cauliflower, broccoli, more cauli, sweet potato

Deliciousness can really be ruined by over-eating. I don't recommend it. I don't know if I have simply lost my mind, or if it has anything to do with working 4 10-hour shifts in a row, or do I need to bring more food to work to prevent evening pre and post-dinner binges? I will get to the bottom of this... I will..

Marathon post + recap this weekend!

and let us run with perseverence the race
marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus
the pioneer and perfector of our faith.
For the joy set before Him He endured
the cross, scorning its shame and sat down
at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1b-2

1 comment:

  1. Wow great job keeping up with exercise while in NYC! That can be tough!

    ReplyDelete