November 26, 2010

Pumpkin Domination

So, post-thanksgiving I was feeling a bit off. It's strange though, 'cause I ate a decent amount of food without over doing it and had only half of a dessert some 4 hours after dinner. Nothing out of the ordinary, so what made my insides do flips all night, and all day the following day? Tell me why!! Well, it's my baby-sized excuse for a late post. Here's how today went down:

20 minutes of beautiful + relaxing yoga

packed goods:

I ended up only eating the fruit n veggies. The burger + greens were saved for dinner since my tummy couldn't handle anything heavier than carrots n apples.

Green:

spinach, kale, rice milk, frozen strawberries, flaxseed, chia seeds, ice cubes, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder deliciousness


topped properly with: wheat germ, almonds, raisins, blueberries, pomegranate arils, and sunflower seeds!

Dinnerz:

homemade toasted bread, home-cooked black beans, avocado on the other guy wit homemade veggie pattie, romaine, tomato + bell pepper.

Then I ate my entire kitchen:
2 cocoa banana cookies, 1 banana, handful of almonds/raisins (so that's what happens when you starve all day and binging creeps up on you at 7pm...)

Aaand PUMPKINS!

Me: "oh I need to text Edu and have him buy some canned pumpkin at Costco!"
Mom: "what'?! No!! Here, buy the little pie pumpkins and cut them, scoop out the bad stuff, place them in baking dishes with 2 inches or so of water, bake for about 45 minutes, let cool, peel off skin, freeze insides for your own canned pumpkin!"
Love my mumsy.






Satisfaction.
Now you try!

ohmygosh it's Christmas time! I'm going to break out the decorations riiight abouuuttt now! God bless all you lovely people out there!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog - your "eats" are always so inspiring!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a pie pumpkin that has been staring at me for quite some time. I know its not hard but I'm having so much trouble getting the motivation to cook it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, gotta LOVE everything-pumpkin!
    And thanks for the canned pumpkin "recipe" - they don't sell canned pumpkin in Brazil, it's really a keeper!
    :D

    ReplyDelete