November 18, 2010

Sad Little Falafel Pucks

I've returned to the Green Monster Land. I am filled with joy.

workout: 4 miles elliptical 37:41 + 20 mins abs/weights


2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 cup rolled oats, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, 1 date, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, almonds: blend.


shredded parsnip, raw sunflower seeds, chia seeds, wheat germ.


frozen granola bar: 3pm.


brown rice, veggie rice rolls, carrots + cocoa almond hummus, asian pear, the last 2 acorn squash cookies, orangie-poo.


told you they were beautiful!


my mamita saved my life with this guy, I was starving when I left work. Note to self: veggie spring rolls with not hold you over 'till 7pm dinner.


pasta for tomorrow, "chickpea" (garbanzo!) curry for tonight.


put it together and what do you get? delicious little fellas!


a friend from work let me take a gander at these, said they weren't amazing in her mouth and we both wondered if it was because falafels simply had an acquired flavor that only some enjoy. I thought, they're like hummus, only in ball form, no? i was wrong.


spelt pasta, curry garbanzos, squash with cinnamon + paprika. and pucks.


delicious.


awful. I tried to save their lives with some ketchup, and it failed. When does ketchup ever fail?? I used to hate chicken about a year ago, and ketchup was the only ingredient that could make me stand a little poultry on my plate. but with these store-bought falafels, there was no hope. Note to self: never buy store-bought anything, really. Just make it yourself, it'll taste 100x better.

I need to evaluate life for a second. Goodnight!

Oh, and if you ever read any book of the bible, I recommend Ephesians 5. It's beautiful!

Follow God’s example, therefore,
as dearly loved children
and walk
in the way of love, just as Christ
loved us and gave himself up for us
as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 5:1

1 comment:

  1. Ugh what a bummer that those falafel were not good. I LOVE falafel and its usually one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete