November 21, 2010

Snowflakes Falling From The Sky

(Oh-so-very) Happy Sunday! Okay, they've been talking a whole lot about our first snow this season, but I try not to get too hopeful, since they're usually wrong or change their mind the last minute. Today was going to be the big day where all would see snow, but we checked the weather yesterday evening + this morning and the snow warnings were gone. But guess what?! A miracle happened around 10:30am....

workout zone: 13 minutes Runner's Knee Rehab

Green Breakfast:

beet greens + kale pureed with rice milk, banana, frozen strawberries, ice, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder. half put into glass, the other half mixed with...


overnight steel cut oats (cooked, then sat overnight in fridge) topped with wheat germ, chia seeds, homemade granola + black grapes of joy.

Church's 90th Birthday
Such a wonderful Sunday! Our church celebrated its 90th anniversary, and we were able to stroll down memory lane + look at a slideshow of Alderwood Community Church's past. I love my church and it's been such a blessing in my life, I don't know where I'd be if my folks hadn't seen the building some 15 (give or take?) years ago. Yay for a Sunday morning home!

Then we walked out of the sanctuary.. and my eyes feasted on THIS:


snow!










Thank you Lord for this beautiful sight! It was such a special day, 'cause I'm extremely in love with the snow and it's been 2 whole years since a flake has fallen, so we were waaay past due. Although, I'm pretty sure everyone else in the West Coast cursed the little snowflakes away, since they are now 100% melted. I can hear them celebrating now. Stink! Maybe more will fall tomorrow :)

Snacks:

A rad friend invited me + a sweet girlie to her play "The Emperor's New Clothes" in Seattle's Museum of History and Industry, and I brought me some munchies, fully aware that the green monster breakfast from 9am wouldn't be holding me over 'till 3pm. These snacks were life savers, 'cause I was starving by 1! aaaand the play was awesome, it was a really really good afternoon!

Dinner:

homecooked black beans + home made salsa


slice of home made breads


mai soy + pinto bean pattie, slice o' bread with avocado, tomato, spinach, squash fries!


haha, little beans look like raisins ... not a bad idea, I'd say!


perfectly seasoned with paprika + cinnamon

Dessert:

Enjoyed rice milk, frozen blueberries, rolled oats, homemade granola + banana cocoa cookie while watching Love Actually, and wishing it were Christmas riiight nowww.

But because of His great love for us,
God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive
with Christ even when we were dead in
transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
Ephesians 2:4 + 5

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe you've already gotten snow!! Here in DC it's been in the mid 60s this past weekend. It did get down into the high 30s at some point but I'm still holding on for more nice weather!

    ReplyDelete