November 2, 2010

Steel Cut Oats in My House

Oh Costco, you are so good to the world...


$5? For 4 pounds?! I'm so jolly inside! I've been wanting to buy and taste steel cut oats for I can't even fathom how long, and look what hubby found at Costco! I would have got the stuff before, but it's kind of hard to spend $10 on a 5 serving bag when Quaker's Rolled Oats are half the price for 2,000,000 servings. BUT looky ol' Costco, I knew you'd come around the day I saw your 3lb bags of ground flaxseed meal. I'm thankful :)

workout: 30 mins weights + abs
30 mins elliptical (3 miles, yo!)

Morning Delight:

purple kale, spinach, fruit smoothie with rolled oats + grapes


deliiiicious!


what a tasty day of snacking.


and a crazy good bean/wheat berry salad bowl


fantastico!

Dinner:

pumpkin-like squash rubbed down with cinnamon + paprika: baked. insides were: brown rice, wheat berries, broccoli, peas, garbanzos + tofu. browned to perfection!

then I ate some unsalted peanuts!

NY Marathon in 5 days!

You are the Lord, You alone. You have
made heaven, the heaven of heavens,
with all their host, the earth and all
that is on it, the seas and all that is
in them; and You preserve all of them;
and the host of heaven worships You.

Nehemiah 9:6

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I've not seen that bag of Bobs Mill steel cuts at my Costco - I'll have to look again!

    ReplyDelete