November 13, 2010

Tofu Scramble and Green Enchiladas

Happy Saturday evening! Today has been a sort of slow, but relaxing, but a should-I-be-doing-something-actually-productive? type of day as well. We jumped out of bed (okay, slightly rolled...) around 8:15am and prepped ourselves for a comfortable 10K jog at our favorite spot ever: Green Lake in Seattle. Edu was really excited because it'd be the first time (ever?) that we would run together since he's still in taking it easy mode post-Sunday's marathon.

I ate:

brown rice cakes with almond butter, cinnamon, chias, banana, almonds and raisins. I usually only tackle one of these guys, or skip the rice cakes and nut butter all together and choose a banana + almonds, but I was hungry I guess. Or you know, I gave into the craving.

Packed Snacks:

Although green monster smoothies have been my go-to meal after our Saturdays runs (they keep me full forever and taste fabuuulous!) hubby thinks if I take it down a bit with the veggie packed purees, maybe my tummy symptoms will chill a bit. So I made 2 almond butter sandwiches (his with jam and mine with wheat germ and raisins) and loads of fruit on the side.

Our Run: 10K - 1:01:54 + abs + push ups
It was so nice running with Edu! We kept a nice pace, but definitely had some slow spots where I was leading with a 6:33min/km pace. He told me to try and push it hard the last kilometer, and I did hit at 4:50/km, with no knee pain! Which is funny, since my knee was just dying to yell at me throughout the entire morning. The good guy (knee) let me sprint the last half mile, though, and for that I am very thankful.

Tofu Scramble!

For the first time in a while, I had a request for a plate of scrambled eggs with veg + avocado/tomato on the side from my love bug. Since we were already planning on making green chicken enchiladas for dinner, I decided to try scrambled tofu instead of eggs (I'm silly I guess and prefer either eggs + veg dinner or veg bfast + meaty dinner!) and I was so happy with the outcome!


Crumbled tofu with: spinach, bell pepper, serrano chili, onion, salt, pepper over 2 corn tortillas and the lovely sides. These were so amazing! And they truly did taste a bit like eggs, simply because they have the same consistency + I loaded them with the exact same toppings that I usually do my eggs with. Tofu scramble to be repeated soon, I'm glad inside!

Then Edu and I tackled the marathon photos for about an hour or so, and finally got them up on Facebook for friends and family (took us what felt like forever!) and we watched a bit of the tele. The serrano chili from breakfast sat in my stomach for hours, so while he munched on some peanuts I felt no hunger at all. Then.. suddenly...


I was starving! And oh-so-happy beet/orange/peanut salad from the fridge landed straight in my lap to hold me over 'till dinner.

Happiness:

Home-cooked black beans (cooked in garlic, onion, and salt) with enchiladas! Corn tortillas, green tomatoes, serrano chili, chicken, olive oil to brown the tortillas. It was pretty close to perfection, although I think I may have over-done it a tad with the protein. Entire chicken breast and black beans and tofu for breakfast? Lovely beans. Time for dessert!


His: plain yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, dates + banana
Hers: rice milk, strawberries, blueberries, banana, spinach, cocoa powder


properly topped with muesli + the goods, o' course!

Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment