November 27, 2010

The Ultimate Pizza Topping

Oh my gosh I have created a monster pizza. I can't stop thinking about how good it really, truly, turned out. But I need to quickly focus on the rest of the day before I get into that business. First: a run. but even before that, food: half a banana, almonds, raisins, h2o for mini-fuel.



Him: 10 miles: 1 hr 7 mins
Me: 6.2 miles: 1 hr 8 mins

So fun
but unfortunately: so very, very, painful. I hadn't run that route (down the street, take a few turns, down hill 3 miles then what feels like all uphill on the way back, finish it off with one giant hill) since July, and there is a good reason for that: it kills my knee like no one's business. But, I've been able to run 7 miles easy and pain-free on other flat, un-hilly paths. So what's the deal? My knee hates hills. And I need respect that. I'm better now :)

Pumpkin Pancake HEAVEN:

Oh, my, bananas. DO:
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tbsp. flaxseed (milled)
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp. wheat germ
  • 1 tbsp. whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup rice milk + a few splashes more
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • ginger
  1. Mix wet ingredients, then dry
  2. Combine
  3. Cook over medium heat on non-stick pan
  4. Top each cooked pancake with banana slices + frozen blueberries
  5. Congratulate yourself on a tower of well-deserved pancakes
  6. Consume with a grin, share with spouse.


a really, really big delight in my tummy.

then CHRISTMAS was made at my folk's house.
(pictures to come soon!)

starvation:

+ baby carrots + h2o

Inhale?

rice cake, almond butter, 1/2 banana


leftover beet, carrot, peanut salad.

Then... the pizza came alive!

Toppings!

such a beautiful green selection this time.

Thought process: Should I layer the ingredients differently this time? Usually I use some sort of green leaf as the "cheese" or the first layer atop the sauce. And it turns a bit slimy and un-fun, but still pretty tasty. What if I use the zucchini as the first later, and throw a bunch of kale on the last layer so they turn into kale chips on my pizza ?! Why did I never think of this? It was just like I had hoped it would turn out. Give it a try, it's divine!


I melted. then felt sleepy at 8pm.

Pizza Tip: ADD KALE CHIPS

Get up mighty early on Sunday and get a million things done to make the work week more stress-free? What a jolly idea, I'm going to do it with Christmas tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment