November 16, 2010

Who Needs Tostitos?

This is going to be a quick one!

AM:

my legs needed 40 minutes of yoga, my arms + abs needed weights.


60 minutes in that joyous place.

steel CUT!

since you can never see my actual oats: here is proof that they do exist under layers of delicious and sweet toppings.


a sprinkle of wheat germ, banana, almond butter, frozen blueberries, chia seed "icing"


homemade granola fell atop

Pack:

carrots + cocoa nutty hummus, homemade granola bar, pinto beans, quinoa, fruits and veggies.


2 acorn squash cookies (husband: "eat them already so you can make me those dark-looking cookies!" so I will consume at rapid speeds , and then make date oat cookies for my love bug!)

Oh BEANS!

Yes, there were leftovers at work. & yes, I did kind of turn my back on my quinoa + pinto beans. No hurt feelings, just a happy tummy.

Soup Heaven:

Roast: 4 tomatoes, 1 bell pepper, 1/2 white onion with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic basil. Blend and heat over medium high with a few splashes of water, diced carrots, serrano chili, more basil, thyme, oregano, parsley.


add avocado + garbanzos the next day.


Dominate the homemade chip: cut a corn tortilla into triangles, and heat up a flat iron, add tortilla triangles (no oils needed) 'till crisp. Flip. Dunk, dive, demolish. Which brings me to my main question: who needs Tostitos? Honestly. Make your own chips, friends!

sleepy.

3 comments:

  1. where do you get your chia? www.runningfood.com, great story, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were the inspiration of my last blog post, just wanted to let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good workout!

    And I loooove using avocado as a garnish. That looks beautiful! Yum!

    ReplyDelete