December 26, 2010

Countdown to Mexico

Today I was a sleeping head all mornin' I tell ya. I don't know if it was the fact that I decided to stay up 'till 11pm painting last night or if eating 30lbs of brown-sugah-glazed ham threw off my brain's sleep chemicals. Either way, an extra hour of shut-eye woulda done my body good this morning. Ah well, I ate pancakes to make up for sleep. It worked well.

Spoonfuls of Raw Batter:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats + 1 dash muesli
  • 1 cup rice milk + 1 extra splash
  • 1 tbsp: wheat germ, ground flaxseed, chia seeds
  • 1 whole banana, mashed
  • 1 handful frozen blueberries
  • 1 spoonful almond butter
  • cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
  • olive oil all up in the pan, Stan.




with roasted almonds all diced up and sprinkled on top


tasted like heaven with a little bit o' burnt blueberries up in my kitchen!

Fuel For Post-Church Shopping Spree!

we split 1 banana + 1 frozen granola bar + I ate the 2 herbed monkey rolls, 'cause they garlic flavored and the hubby ain't a fan of that miraculous fella's look, taste, smell, or existence.

After church, the spending of all our gift cards, and a quick trip to the grocery store, it was pizza time, but we had a few more things to get together before hand. So...

We Snacked:

salted, I tell you!


homemade tortilla + a lovely lady's homemade pico de gallo.
I think I ate 4 cups of that stuff: so amazing!

Tomorrow's Dinner:

tofu, broccoli, bell pepper, liquid aminos + brown rice stir fryyyy

Dinner + a Movie:

yay yay yay yay! I am so happy we were finally able to watch that movie (both waited 'till it came out in Blu-Ray then waited 'till hubby's work party to receive it as a giiift!)


asparagus, summer squash, zucchini, pineapple, bell pepper, jalapeno

Rising DOUGH:

thank you, mamita + auntie diane for telling me that burning hot water kills yeast, so that's why my bread hasn't risen in the past 2 weeks! Today, the yeast lived strong


and gave me two beautiful loaves


slicing + dicing for sammies!

So... we are
leaving for Mexico City on Wednesday
,
(to visit my faaaavorite ever in-laws, live in my favorite land of all time, meet more Mexicans, eat my mami-in-law's amazing homecooked meals that don't come out of cans, and and and and buying 9 million Mexican blankets to bring home to my loved ones) and I love how nice it is to look ahead and know we are only going to work just half a week! Man, not only was grocery shopping simple + cheaper than ever, but packing 3 days worth of lunches was fancy smanshy easy beans! And now all I can think of is: by the time I eat my last bean/oat patties on Wednesday, we will be hours from flying down to Mexico, and I just. can't. wait.


beauty.

Mexico Countdown: 3 days.

2 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look so delicious. I love that you can basically mix anything you want together, cook it in a pan, and call it a pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you figured out the bread problem! Those loaves look great!! So do the pancakes, yummm :) Have fun in Mexico!!!

    ReplyDelete