December 13, 2010

Delicious Bites + Blissful To Do Lists: Done

Today was a pretty rad day. And I say that because of how productive my evening was. You know when your to-do list is made, and you start checking off tasks one by one, only to soon realize how much left you really need to get done? I felt a little off-edge at work, sad driving home, just knowing how much I needed to get done + not sure if I would have enough time to finish it all. But guess what? God answered my prayers, and I now find myself on our red couch, at 8:30pm, watching TV with the hubby, with zero items left on the to-do list. Pure bliss, a blessing from Jesus!

fuel: half a banana, almonds/raisins + water to wake me uuup!

workout: 5 miles elliptical - 49:00
10 minutes abs
after work

Oatmeal Love:

cook: steel cut oats, cinnamon, rice milk, raisins, almonds
toppings: homemade granola, wheat germ, flaxseed, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, half a banana, almond butter

Packed Goods:

homemade breads, baked garbanzo tofu cakes with mustard, veggies + fruit

Indulge:

toasted the bread + topped with mustard, huge spinach leaves, zucchini, tomato + the lovely baked cakes up in my face :)

Dinner:

stir fry: quinoa, liquid aminos, broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, tofu, red pepper flakes and pinto beans home cooked, and mashed with serrano chili bits!


t'was insanely good

Then I made:

sushi for dinner (tomorrow or Wednesday, we'll see!)

and SOUP:

  • 6 cups water (or veg. broth!)
  • 3 tomatoes, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 2 handfuls baby carrots, diced
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 cup pinto beans, already cooked
  • 1 cup garbanzo beans, uncooked
  • 1 cup rice pasta, uncooked
  • thyme
  • rosemary
  • salt
  • pepper
  • red pepper flakes
  1. Heat olive oil in medium/large sauce pan
  2. Add onion, celery, carrot: brown for 5 mins
  3. Add tomatoes, water (or veg. broth) and herbs + spices
  4. Add beans + pasta, stir to combine
  5. Let simmer for a good 30 minutes
  6. Add more water if needed :)
Fruity Dessert:

pineapple, cantelope, grapes, blackberries
a fancy topping of homemade granola JOY!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by
such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw
off everything that hinders and the sin that
so easily entangles. And let us run with
perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter
of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the
cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at
the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

3 comments:

  1. I have to get on the at-home sushi train! Yours always looks so delicious and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it the best when Jesus answers our prayers? I love keeping a prayer journal then going back and seeing how God answered the prayer and how he used that situation to help me grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY my beautiful friend!
    been FAR too long since I have ventured here :) just wanted to say hey and I hope you are having wonderful holidays! LOVE that sushi there :)

    ReplyDelete