December 1, 2010

Fishy Tempeh

Today was a grand day, and you know what the biggest highlight of it was? Decorating my work-zone for Christmas! Hanging lights, ornaments, singing Christmas songs on top of my lungs since lovely co-workers aren't fans of changing the radio to holiday tunes... all of it! I want this month to never end, I hope it stretches out for months...

workout? rest day :) And it felt beautiful to sleep in, I must say.

Pumpkin:

steel cut oats, rice milk, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, pumpkin puree, banana, almond butter, frozen blueberries, slightly over-baked pumpkin seeds!


the friends I bring to work every day.


another mystery box of sandwich.


the worst tempeh sandwich known to MAN!
Does your tempeh smell like fish? Do you still eat it? Do you ignore the smell, and take a large bite anyway? Do you swallow it unhappily, then throw out your only source of protein for that work day? Not a good slice o' tempeh. Not a good day for sandwiches, my friends. Just say no to fishy tempeh. I think it was in my fridge for too long, lesson learned!


I tried something new! Making sushi the night before and seeing what it'd turn out like the following evening for dinner. Ready, set, go! Raw asparagus, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado, brown rice with liquid aminos/garlic/red pepper flakes/sesame oil, and toasted nori...


they tasted like freshly made sushi! you know what that means?! It means sushi is a very wonderful food: it can be made ahead of time so you can arrive home from work and dig in within 10 seconds! I'm so happy, I needed more of these foods!


with a side of protein, thank you garbanzos.


and some chopstick fun with roasted cauliflower (olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt)

and an unpictured mug of oats/blueberries/nanner/rice milks

time for Biggest Loser, Philippians 4, another relaxing, fabulous evening on the couch with the hubby, and a good nights sleep. I love sleep. Any one else love sleep? Gosh. Thank you Jesus!

Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure,
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things.

Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

  1. I took a rest day as well. I was just NOT feeling it ya know?? Anyway that beanie on my blog is from a site called Etsy. Ever heard of it? I am going to post a bit more about it today since a lot of people seemed to like it :) But if you go to etsy.com and search for Tree of Life hat you will find it. She can make it in any color and size :)

    ReplyDelete